Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I want god rig!

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 3, 2011 4:26:27 PM

I want to build the most powerful gaming PC in this world. Can someone please advice the configuration. My budget is not restricted and it can even be more than a crore rupees (>$200,000...yea right...>two hundred thousand USD)!
I want Intel i7-990x to be my proccy.

P.S. I AM FROM INDIA.
P.S. I want to build it myself!

More about : god rig

September 3, 2011 4:37:20 PM

Blue Gene/L: 33,000-processors, 70.72 trillion calculations per second. Contact IBM re: price.
September 3, 2011 4:44:01 PM

misry said:
Blue Gene/L: 33,000-processors, 70.72 trillion calculations per second. Contact IBM re: price.



Poor Joke
Related resources
September 3, 2011 4:46:31 PM

mm

i7-2600k
3 way SLI 580's
E-ATX Motherboard
16GB RAM
1500w PSU
Full watercool loop for GPU and CPU

Doesn't get much better really..
September 3, 2011 4:47:51 PM

Give us a reason to buy such a powerful pc...
September 3, 2011 4:49:00 PM

He wants to run NASA from his bedroom (Y)
September 3, 2011 4:49:55 PM

AdrianPerry said:
mm

i7-2600k
3 way SLI 580's
E-ATX Motherboard
16GB RAM
1500w PSU
Full watercool loop for GPU and CPU

Doesn't get much better really..



Thanx a lot for you suggestion :) 
But I would prefer i7-990x ;) 
September 3, 2011 4:53:17 PM

michxymi said:
Give us a reason to buy such a powerful pc...



3D gaming @ 6480x1920 resolution!!!!!!
September 3, 2011 4:54:42 PM

AdrianPerry said:
He wants to run NASA from his bedroom (Y)



another PJ :non: 
September 3, 2011 4:55:05 PM

mm easy way to piss away £767/$1000
September 3, 2011 4:55:56 PM

shishir said:
3D gaming @ 6480x1080 resolution!!!!!!


Does that resolution even exist...?
September 3, 2011 4:56:50 PM

AdrianPerry said:
mm easy way to piss away £767/$1000

hmm :sleep: 
September 3, 2011 4:57:31 PM

AdrianPerry said:
Does that resolution even exist...?



Ever heard of multi-monitor setup by any chance? :ouch: 
September 3, 2011 4:58:41 PM

avieor said:
Can I haz some Money??? :p 

Intel Core I7-990x
Asus Sabertooth x58
3 / 4 way gtx 580 or 2 Mars II 580 sli
16GB of RAM
1500w PSU
Full watercooling.

Take a good Look at the Scan Jelly fish:
http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1036

And have a look at what this guy did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5pPnVfCrIk

I don't think you need to spend $200,000 on a computer, but if your still interested...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500





... Have fun



Thanx bro :) 
Appreciate that....would u please advise if Asus Rampage III will be better or not?
September 3, 2011 4:59:45 PM

That is what I meant to say ^^ sorry about that I got the two mixed up
September 3, 2011 5:00:53 PM

Yes i have heard of multi-monitor....its also my understanding the max resolution supported by graphics cards is 2560 x 1600? So im not sure how you would like to achieve more than this
September 3, 2011 5:02:48 PM

AdrianPerry said:
Yes i have heard of multi-monitor....its also my understanding the max resolution supported by graphics cards is 2560 x 1600?


but currently no 3D monitor supports that resolution!
September 3, 2011 5:03:45 PM

Id like to see what set up you plan on running 6480x1080 by then....?
September 3, 2011 5:04:13 PM

Dude first get some knowledge about multiple displays....how they work and all...then reply here!
September 3, 2011 5:06:46 PM

hmm.....appreciate ur advice!
September 3, 2011 5:07:10 PM

You are most welcome :D 
September 3, 2011 5:08:11 PM

now feed some knowledge to "AdrianPerry" who thinks he is "smart" xD
September 3, 2011 5:08:23 PM

Why would you want to build the most powerful pc and restict the processor.
This would be my suggestion ;

Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" Height, Swivel & Tilt Adjustable Widescreen LCD Monitor 370 cd/m2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition RC-942-KKN3 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with Black Interior and Four Blue LED Fans-1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 200mm top fan, 1x 200mm side fan, and 1x 230mm front fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 LGA 1366 Intel 5520 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HPTX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2X Intel Xeon X5690 Westmere-EP 3.46GHz 6 x 256KB L2 Cache 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 139W Six-Core Server Processor BX80614X5690

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2X Patriot Viper II Sector 7 Edition 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV7324G1600ELHK 48 gb total

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4X MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 series RVD3X2-FHPX4-480G PCI-E 480GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Western Digital Caviar Black WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN 2TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now if you were to put this PC together then you would have something to bragg about.
September 3, 2011 5:12:16 PM

awesome man!!!!
September 3, 2011 5:15:22 PM

inzone said:
Why would you want to build the most powerful pc and restict the processor.
This would be my suggestion ;

Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" Height, Swivel & Tilt Adjustable Widescreen LCD Monitor 370 cd/m2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition RC-942-KKN3 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with Black Interior and Four Blue LED Fans-1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 200mm top fan, 1x 200mm side fan, and 1x 230mm front fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 LGA 1366 Intel 5520 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HPTX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2X Intel Xeon X5690 Westmere-EP 3.46GHz 6 x 256KB L2 Cache 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 139W Six-Core Server Processor BX80614X5690

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2X Patriot Viper II Sector 7 Edition 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV7324G1600ELHK 48 gb total

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

4X MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 series RVD3X2-FHPX4-480G PCI-E 480GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Western Digital Caviar Black WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN 2TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now if you were to put this PC together then you would have something to bragg about.


My God, this is right, go for this :D 
September 3, 2011 5:18:07 PM

After building this beast of a machine, upload a video of it on Youtube and show us all :D 
September 3, 2011 5:18:33 PM

Thanx Avieor...
btw..thought of feeding AdrianPerry???
I don't know where has he gone. May be googling for multi-monitor setup xD
September 3, 2011 5:21:31 PM

Nown if you add cutom water cooling to the mix then you swap out the MSI video cards for 4X ;
EVGA 03G-P3-1591-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Hydro Copper 2 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and of course a couple of cpu coolers ;
Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos .925 Silver Edition for Sockets 1366/1156/775, G1/4
(I have this particular cpu cooler and it works great)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

2X *** NEW *** Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG complete with D5 HF Top

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

2X *** NEW *** Watercool HTF4 Triple 140mm LT Heat Transformer Series External Radiator Set - Black

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

Just some more to think about.
September 3, 2011 5:23:55 PM

Man is Revodrive 3 x2 less???
September 3, 2011 5:25:17 PM

getting Revodrive 3 x2 in RAID 0 will be hell lotta fun \m/....I hope that is possilbe
September 3, 2011 5:26:06 PM

My question is how you're gonna get this stuff shipped to India..... Well I guess he could pay Newegg for some IN shipping
September 3, 2011 5:26:07 PM

I have the Revo drive as the main drive for the OS and regular hdd for stoage of large files. The Revo tends not to play nice with other raid configs or so I have read in the forums.
September 3, 2011 5:26:44 PM

Why bother with a regular HDD on a 200k budget?
September 3, 2011 5:34:44 PM

man thats sexy!!!!
is that possible on retail purchase?
September 3, 2011 5:35:17 PM

I doubt it, but with your budget I guess you could hire some to give you a hand if you need it.
September 3, 2011 5:44:32 PM

Yes.......... :o 
September 3, 2011 5:47:50 PM

Ok, My Two cents is this:

The i7-2600k and the i7-990x situation is weird, in that not one is better than the others. They each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-990x-extrem... Before you decide which of those processor that you want, Im not saying that you should get the 2600k because it is cheaper, im saying get it because it might be better for your situation. In My honest opinion though, your not paying a grand for the 990x because its the latest and greatest, your paying a grand for the 990x because it is such an old and rare antique.
September 3, 2011 5:50:32 PM

powercroat783 said:
Ok, My Two cents is this:

The i7-2600k and the i7-990x situation is weird, in that not one is better than the others. They each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-990x-extrem... Before you decide which of those processor that you want, Im not saying that you should get the 2600k because it is cheaper, im saying get it because it might be better for your situation. In My honest opinion though, your not paying a grand for the 990x because its the latest and greatest, your paying a grand for the 990x because it is such an old and rare antique.


We came to a conclusion on the 6 core X5690 Xeon Server processor x2?
September 3, 2011 6:04:53 PM

Okay, quick question, how much space do you want?

10tb, 20tb? 30tb??
September 3, 2011 6:06:30 PM

Not forgetting our SSD's
September 3, 2011 6:27:01 PM

2 x Intel Xeon X5690 Westmere-EP 3.46GHz LGA 1366
Intel S5520URT Server Motherboard Dual LGA 1366 Intel 5520 DDR3 800/1066/1333

4 x ASUS GTX 590.

12x8GB DDR3 1333 - 96GB RAM

10x2TB WD Caviar Black 7200rpm

Crucial M4 CT512M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) with Transfer Kit

1500W - 2000W PSU. (Who the hell makes?)

CoolerMaster HAF X

September 3, 2011 6:37:05 PM

008Rohit said:
2 x Intel Xeon X5690 Westmere-EP 3.46GHz LGA 1366
Intel S5520URT Server Motherboard Dual LGA 1366 Intel 5520 DDR3 800/1066/1333

4 x ASUS GTX 590.

12x8GB DDR3 1333 - 96GB RAM

10x2TB WD Caviar Black 7200rpm

Crucial M4 CT512M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) with Transfer Kit

1500W - 2000W PSU. (Who the hell makes?)

CoolerMaster HAF X

8 way sli is impossible
!