Sign in with
Your question

Network driver

Last response: in Networking
October 21, 2010 6:45:11 AM

I have installed Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M-A2 Gigabit drivers for 32 bit XP OS. Afterwards I realized it was suppose to be a 64-bit. Now when I try to reinstall the 64-bit it tells me cannot find better driver for OS. Is it possible that it is a 32-bit after all?? How do I uninstall the 32-bit if neccesary?

More about : network driver

a b \ Driver
October 21, 2010 5:41:35 PM

Is the ethernet port working? If it is, leave it alone. If it's not working, go into device manager and remove it from there, go into Add/Remove Programs and see if the driver is listed there, uninstall if it is. Reboot the computer. It will look for the drivers when it restarts, point it to the 64 bit version.
October 22, 2010 3:10:00 AM

vhmarle said:
I have installed Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M-A2 Gigabit drivers for 32 bit XP OS. Afterwards I realized it was suppose to be a 64-bit. Now when I try to reinstall the 64-bit it tells me cannot find better driver for OS. Is it possible that it is a 32-bit after all?? How do I uninstall the 32-bit if neccesary?

Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.look at this website ,you can download the driver from it: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/Broadcom/...
!