4870x2 Broken DVI Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I have a 4870 x2 that has one good DVI port, and one bad one, the bad one turns the screen blue tint, and if I wiggle the cable around, I get a red tint, I was noticing that the bad port has some how, had pins in one corner of it forced down inside it, I can see them, but I am guessing the cables end pins are not making contact and that is why the color change. I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know a fix for this, a way to bring them back up, or of getting connection between the pins? I only worry as I have a dual monitor setup and I would like to have it up an running without a blue tinted screen, I have tested the cable, and the other DVI port so I know it is the port on the video card that is bad. Any help would be much appreciated.

heavy_metal

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
So weirdest thing happened, I had the card out of my computer sitting in a box for a while, I put it back in my computer, and now the dvi port is magically working, tired 2 different monitors, different cords, it seems that it is now magically working right again thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.