Is XFX PRO650W considered a "good" PSU for Surges and Brown-Outs?

Persheis

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello!
You probably have read all the other posts concerning my new build and the problems it brought so far.
There's was a power shortage (and some spikes, I guess, I was at the shower and it went on and off 3 times rapidly within 10 seconds) the other day, and one HDD stopped working (plain old, probably it was just steps away from dying and the shortage just accelerated the pace).

I am trying memetest86+ with no errors so far, but I can't seem to test the CPU risk-free (almost no ventilation, it WILL fry if I run Prime or cpuburn from Ubuntu).

I've read everywhere about "basic surge protection + good PSU = low-to-zero chance of hardware frying".

Does my XFX PRO650W classify as a "good" PSU for taking surges and unstable currents?

Persheis

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thanks for the answer!
I was thinking about it, but some nice brands I've seen work only around 120V, while I need 220V (I live in Bolivia).

More than being careful about the future (I might not even turn this PC on 'til I get some protective stuff), I wanted to know if this PSU could have taken the spikes and surges from that blackout mentioned just fine, if it was deemed "good PSU".

It has an AC transient filter stage located right behind the AC receptacle.