Sign in with
Your question

Enable email notification for quick reply

Last response: in Forum Feedback
February 2, 2009 10:33:50 PM

This has been bugging me for some time. If I don't use the full reply form I can't set email notification automatically, I have to reply and then enable notification afterwards (which I don't always remember to do). I never use the full reply form unless quoting. Can an option be added in your profile to enable email notifications when you just use quick reply?
February 3, 2009 5:06:50 AM

Isn't the email notification thingy the one on the far right (the post icon) next to the heart?
February 3, 2009 5:21:07 AM

Yea, that. But I'd rather not have to refresh the page twice (once after post, once after clicking that icon).
Related resources
February 3, 2009 5:57:14 AM

Go to add a reply on the bottom right of the page an once there, enable email notification via the checkbox. Otherwise, use the flags feature.
February 3, 2009 6:02:09 AM

That's the thing, Iwant to use quick reply (like I am now). If I don't need to quote people, I have little reason to load another page just to type in a short reply. I prefer to click "Submit your" (there's obviously a word missing on the submit button for quick reply) and then close the tab and go elsewhere than go through 2 pages first.
February 3, 2009 6:11:12 AM

Oh well... ask Justin to ask to add the feat.
February 3, 2009 6:22:16 AM

That's why this thread is here :D 
February 3, 2009 8:16:32 AM

Hey,

I agree this is a good idea. However, as you know, I am currently trying to get all the bugs fixed with the U.S./U.K. forum. Right now, I don't know if its smart for me to ask the dev team to try to roll out this feature while we are working on other things. You want to remind me about it in a week or two?

Justin
February 3, 2009 8:24:24 AM

Mmm I don't think I have ever thanked you for trying so hard to fix our forum.

In any case, thanks.
February 3, 2009 8:37:33 AM

justinblue said:
Hey,

I agree this is a good idea. However, as you know, I am currently trying to get all the bugs fixed with the U.S./U.K. forum. Right now, I don't know if its smart for me to ask the dev team to try to roll out this feature while we are working on other things. You want to remind me about it in a week or two?

Justin

Now that I know somebody is actually looking into things I've become a little overzealous I suppose ;)  Definitely get the bugs fixed before worrying about this issue. I've put up with it for this long, I'm sure I can survive a bit longer. The bugs are the real problem, this is not a bug, it's just a personal preference issue.

Thanks.
February 3, 2009 10:46:12 AM

amdfangirl said:
Mmm I don't think I have ever thanked you for trying so hard to fix our forum.

In any case, thanks.

Hey,

Thank you all for bearing with us as we try to make it better! Trust me, I know how frustrating it is. I wish I could just fix it all myself :) 

Justin
!