Enable email notification for quick reply

randomizer

Champion
This has been bugging me for some time. If I don't use the full reply form I can't set email notification automatically, I have to reply and then enable notification afterwards (which I don't always remember to do). I never use the full reply form unless quoting. Can an option be added in your profile to enable email notifications when you just use quick reply?

randomizer

Champion
That's the thing, Iwant to use quick reply (like I am now). If I don't need to quote people, I have little reason to load another page just to type in a short reply. I prefer to click "Submit your" (there's obviously a word missing on the submit button for quick reply) and then close the tab and go elsewhere than go through 2 pages first.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

I agree this is a good idea. However, as you know, I am currently trying to get all the bugs fixed with the U.S./U.K. forum. Right now, I don't know if its smart for me to ask the dev team to try to roll out this feature while we are working on other things. You want to remind me about it in a week or two?

Justin

randomizer

Champion

Now that I know somebody is actually looking into things I've become a little overzealous I suppose ;) Definitely get the bugs fixed before worrying about this issue. I've put up with it for this long, I'm sure I can survive a bit longer. The bugs are the real problem, this is not a bug, it's just a personal preference issue.

Thanks.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008

Hey,

Thank you all for bearing with us as we try to make it better! Trust me, I know how frustrating it is. I wish I could just fix it all myself :)

Justin