Networe notification icon not displaying.

Donfrenzy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I lost my internet connection icon in windows 7. When connected, the network notification and icon appears at the taskbar and displays how many bar signal the network has and it was working even earlier this afternoon here. I just used my wired connection for a short time and as i stopped using it then i discovered the wireless connection bar signal is lost, all for me to see a ' Round Star' in the bar side of my internet icon. Am connected to the internet but i can't my connection signal and i tried to restore my computer but after i do that i get a dialog say 'The system restore did not completely succesfully because an anti-virus is running on this computer and has prevented it from changing the settings, turn off anti-virus ans try again' but i have no anti-virus program on my PC. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know the sub_category to post it. If i could take a snapshot of it would be nice but i dont know how to do it.

G

Maybe you unticked box that causes windows to display notification on taskbar ?

Go Control Panel, Network Connections, click on the relevant connection and look in the Window entitled General.

Donfrenzy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Maybe you unticked box that causes windows to display notification on taskbar ?

Go Control Panel, Network Connections, click on the relevant connection and look in the Window entitled General.

Dude thank you for telling me but the ur suggested link (Options) weren't anywhere to be found on windows 7 64bit and using HP Notebook, is there any other way to get it to show? The Icon is here on my taskbar but it doesn't seem to tell me how many bar of internet services my connection has.

G

Sorry, have Win7 but can't be bothered to use it.

The wireless icon is not as informative as in XP -- and I hate the speed with which it jumps around if you click on it.

MISSKELALLUPA

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hellow I'm not sure if you were able to fix this problem or not, but my mothers pc had the same issue and the way I was able to fix it is...
I clicked on the THUMBTACK/ARROW that looks like this ^ nearby the notification area,
once I did that I was able to click on
TURN SYSTEM ITEMS ON OR OFF.
My mom's wireless feature was OFF so I just selected ON and everything is working just fine and the icon now shows.
Even though I may be replying to this post a year later, hope this helps someone else who has this issue :)