Weird problems with a new rig

pzykojozh

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hey guys, I just put some new parts into my rig and it's causing some weird problems.

I just put in a ASUS Radeon HD 6870, 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM, Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3, and an Core i7 2600k processor.
After struggling with the video drivers and Catalyst Control Center (still not resolved), I now can't seem to open any games, or video files.

It seems that anything that's running off of my graphics card has been shut down. I've finally got it running at the right resolution, but I'm unable to open anything.

Even the Shockwave Flash player was crashing on me, and for some reason only works on IE now.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but any advice would is welcome.

Thanks,
Josh

EDIT: I even ran the Windows Experience Index, and it couldn't finish the test because it couldn't test video playback....
I'm really at a loss here.

pzykojozh

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Well, I've been struggling with the video driver for some time now. The Catalyst Control Center just has no possible chance of installing correctly, apparently.
It's not that it doesn't work, technically, it's just that the interface won't show up and stuff. I can still sort of navigate it. And I had this problem before most of the new hardware, and everything worked fine. Now, after installing the new processor, mobo and RAM, everything went to hell.

I've uninstalled and installed the drivers a million times now, and exhausted that possibility to its fullest, I'd think.

pzykojozh

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
There's been an interesting development here... I uninstalled ALL of the drivers and software for the video card, and then just reinstalled just the card without Catalyst, and it's working perfectly now.

I'm afraid to install the software now.