Sign in with
Your question

Mid Range Custom Gaming Build(iBuyPower)

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2011 10:03:34 AM

Hi new user here and I am sure you see these posts quite often so I will try and make this as painless as possible.
I recently ordered a custom P67 intel gaming rig from iBuyPower. This is the result of a bit of research based on what was available and the amount of money I have to work with which was around $3,000 tops. Anyway here are the specs I have not received it yet and the holiday weekend offers me the opportunity to make a few changes if need be.
The main use is for gaming but I do use my computer as a multi media device as well. Well without further adieu:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case - Black

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Unlocked Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance

Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(Fermi) Superclocked - 1.2 GB

Motherboard: [SLI] ASUS Sabertooth P67 -- Thermal Armor Airflow design

Power Supply: 750 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-750AX

Hard Drive(Primary): 2 x 60 GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD Drives (120GB Capacity) - RAID

Hard Drive(Storage): 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive: LG 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Headset: Thermaltake SHOCK Spin Gaming Headset(was free)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

Keyboard: Razer Nostromo Keypad + USB iBuyPower Keyboard(just for text typing)

Mouse: Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse

Controller: Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for PC

I obviously need a monitor probably picking up a 24 inch Samsung 1080p 2 m/s 1920x1080 and an APC battery backup because we get tons of unpredictable brown outs around here. Also picking up a Zalman CPU cooler if it will fit which it should. Anyway any conflicts or just a bad piece of hardware to stay away from. The thing I am most curious about is the motherboard. I have a few options and while I don't have an SLI now I would like the option to.
Here is what I could get in place of the Sabretooth:
-ASUS P8P67 Deluxe -- 2x Gb LAN, 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth

-Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3(NO SLI)

-ASUS P8P67 PRO -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth

Anyway sorry for the "cool story bro's" any suggestions, advice or comments are welcome. Thanks to anyone wasting their time reading this and especially thanks to anyone that has some thoughts to share. :hello: 

More about : mid range custom gaming build ibuypower

September 4, 2011 11:31:29 AM

$3000 dollars O_O? I'm not sure but I think you're getting ripped off but maybe not I hope somebody clarifies though.
m
l
September 4, 2011 11:33:47 AM

Well that includes money for a monitor I also sprang for the upgraded wiring and sheathing rush and priority air and some extra cash for some games etc...the total on that was 2,200 with shipping next day air and rush on the build....I am very impatient now that Deus Ex is out :D 
m
l
September 5, 2011 9:46:08 PM

Decided to drop the SSD drives for a Sata3 2 TB Western Digital 7200 and an ATI HIS 6970 dropped the price down quite considerably. Doubled up on the same RAM price still far under what it was before. Most of the rip off besides ordering a rig pre built was the solid states and after reading some reviews on the ones available I would rather wait and buy a better quality one later on.
m
l
!