Sign in with
Your question

Weird Image Glitch w/New GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2011 8:41:14 PM

So, recently, I updated to a 6950.

So far, I am loving it, though I am getting a weird image in open windows.

I attached a image for you guys to see what I'm talking about.

Its pretty small, but still something I want to fix.
It happened after I updated my GPU and I'm pretty sure the GPU is the reason why.

It also usually occurs 30mins-1hour after my PC is turned on, and usually always happens after I just finish playing a game.

Some times its alot worse and the whole window is filled with black bars and boxes.

Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks

More about : weird image glitch gpu

July 3, 2011 9:58:41 PM

I have a 6950, and it had the same problem a little while ago. I just installed the new drivers.
m
l
July 3, 2011 10:06:41 PM

Does it seems to have fixed the problem?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 3, 2011 10:08:27 PM

Are you using CD-drivers? Update it anyways as it should also improves performance alittle.
m
l
July 3, 2011 10:16:25 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers.
I didnt use the CD driver and I actually went on AMD and got the Catylyst software suite and I'm pretty sure it includes the latest drivers.
Is there anyway to confirm this?
Thanks
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 4:28:36 AM

Is your card overheating? Have you overclocked it?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 10:29:35 AM

idjlee96 said:
I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers.
I didnt use the CD driver and I actually went on AMD and got the Catylyst software suite and I'm pretty sure it includes the latest drivers.
Is there anyway to confirm this?
Thanks

To check your current driver version open up ccc - select " information " - Then " Software " The current verion I beleive is 11.6, below software there is also an " Software update " tab where you can check for new software.

As Tamz_msc said sometimes if you are overclocking a card it can create artifacts ( although I personally have never seen the problem you are experiancing ) Could you please check your gfx card memory and core clock when idle ( not playing a game ) and report back

Thanks Adam
m
l
July 4, 2011 2:11:46 PM

I had something similar with my 570 awhile back. I figured it was overheating because it got up to around 90C. So I used MSI Afterburner to create a fan profile. So check to see if its overheating.
m
l
July 4, 2011 2:55:56 PM

So I have been monitoring the temps using afterburner since day one.
I have also checked them under load during games and even burn-in tests using FurMark.
The max they've hit are about 64degrees.
They idle around 45-47 with dual monitors and 39 with single.
I have not overclocked yet, but I do plan too later on.

Checked the drivers and 11.6 is the latest for the Catalyst Version and 8.01 for 2D driver version.
Direct3D is 7.14 and Open GL is 6.14.

So I believe my card is not overheating and I'm pretty sure drivers are up to date.
I am going to try and monitor the frequency of the problem, as I stated earlier, they usually occur after about 30mins-1hr AFTER the computer has been on.
It also usually happens after I start playing a game.

Thanks for the replies so far.

m
l
!