Sign in with
Your question

Drivers no internet

Last response: in Motherboards
September 10, 2012 11:41:29 PM

I bought a pc and it came built and ready to go used it for a few months,then it started acting funny when i was on the internet it would freeze for 1 minute then unfreeze then freeze again, it did this continuously, i restarted my computer and it showed i wasnt getting connection at all now. I tried system restore, recovery media disc, reinstalling drivers, and the motherboard disc it came with. What am I missing or not doing right? It is a asus P8Z68-V LX
(computer it self doesn't freeze)

This is the message a get to check diagnosis.
Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.

No networks connections are coming up in the device manager, I updated the drivers manually with usb and tried the disc that was sent with the computer. My router light is green, but the light on the computer is not, i have also tried different ethernet cords.

More about : drivers internet

a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2012 3:13:46 AM

First, go into Device Manager through Computer/Properties and find the network adapter. Right click and choose "uninstall". Then Action -> Scan for Hardware changes and see if it auto detects and when the wizard comes up, put in the CD that came with the mobo and have it search for hardware on the CD drive.

If it says the hardware was installed successfully, restart the PC and try the Internet.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the software in Device Manager and go to Control Program -> Uninstall programs and find the LAN software and uninstall it and get on a different computer and download the latest LAN driver onto a USB drive and go through the same install process as before but search for drivers on the USB.

Otherwise, try to see if there is a system restore point you can revert back to before you had problems and then scan your system for viruses and spyware using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.
m
l
Related resources
!