Cannot connect PSU to ATX 12V Power Connector

blueyfooey

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I have an Asrock z77 extreme4 and a Rosewill green series 630 w psu. I've been trying for the past hour, but none of the cables seem to fit the power connector. Is there something off with it, or is the PSU just no good?

Solution
i heard this brand of power supplies has problems with the way they merge together so try playing around with the way it merges. If that does not work maybe you can get an adapter and see if it that will go in to figure out if its a problem with the psu cable. Otherwise do not turn it on without this connector as this will damage your mobo. Only use the EPS 12V CPU cable

blueyfooey

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
It's just that one specific connector. The 24 pin fits fine, and the gpu fits fine. However, the ATX 12v just won't fit with any of the plugs and cords on the PSU. It has 8 pins and the plugs at most only match 6 of the 8 pins, and after that, turning on the mobo doesn't even work. I am bread boarding all this if that helps

blueyfooey

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

I tried that one. It didn't seem to match all of the pins. Only four out of the eight pins could be filled.

blueyfooey

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

I know, but like I mentioned, four or those pins don't match the power connector. The one that only contains nonsquare pins does not match.

generalissimo

Honorable
May 4, 2012
i heard this brand of power supplies has problems with the way they merge together so try playing around with the way it merges. If that does not work maybe you can get an adapter and see if it that will go in to figure out if its a problem with the psu cable. Otherwise do not turn it on without this connector as this will damage your mobo. Only use the EPS 12V CPU cable

Solution