Sign in with
Your question
Solved

1920x1080 HDMI Desktop issue?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2011 12:26:13 AM

Hey guys..
ive got myself a 23.6" AOC monitor, its been working fine and dandy. (still is)
and i wanted to add a second screen (lousy little 14 inch) so i can drag my emails and such over and do the main work on the bigger screen.
i have an XFX 5870 (2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DP)

my main monitor has (VGA, HDMI)
my second has (VGA)

and because i have only 1 DVI to VGA adaptor, that goes to the little screen, and the HDMI is running to the larger screen.
i had to scale the monitor so it would fit the screen. nothing major , just went into the CCC and found the overscan page.
easy done..
but now, on my desktop, the "grid" for which my desktop icons would normally allign on has sort of like expanded on the y axis. therefore the names of my icons which reside on the lowest level on the grid of my desktop, have been hidden. now i know its only the name, nothing major, but it irritates me.

anyone having similar issues? or know a fix.

Cheers
James

Best solution

July 4, 2011 10:14:42 AM

I am currently having issues with my Hd5870 and using extended desktop. I notice that when I activate my extended desktop my idle memory clock stays at 1200mhz causing my card to idle at around 53c oppose to my usal 30c. Have you got the same issues?

I don't have a understand why you are having those problems I have never experianced that with any computer I have used an extended desktop with =/ Sorry
July 4, 2011 1:43:35 PM

try using ati's hydra vision, it should help out a bit.
Related resources
July 4, 2011 11:31:21 PM

adam_x_brookes said:
I don't have a understand why you are having those problems I have never experianced that with any computer I have used an extended desktop with =/ Sorry

i'm not too sure, but fairly certain, its because of the resolution of my second monitor.
when i changed back to a single monitor (the 24 inch) via HDMI and rescaled it to fill the screen.
the desktop grid was fine again, so i think its because of the other monitor and extending my desktop :S
which sucks..
but i dont need it.. so its okay :D 

July 12, 2011 1:06:45 AM

Best answer selected by Gobble45.
a c 122 C Monitor
July 12, 2011 1:21:12 AM

Look in the display properties for underscan or overscan. Adjust it so it fits your screen. For some reason, HDMI connections default to the wrong size, I believe it's related to TV usage.
!