Microsoft VPN and Norton Personal Firewall

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

Microsoft VPN and Norton Personal Firewall 2003

Does anyone know what applications or ports need to be allowed in order for
a Microsoft VPN to work?

If I turn the Firewall off the VPN works no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft norton personal firewall
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    > Does anyone know what applications or ports need to be allowed in order
    > for
    > a Microsoft VPN to work?

    Ports needed for VPN
    PPTP - TCP port 1723 and IP Protocol 47 (GRE)
    L2TP - if used with IPSEC: protocol 50 (ESP) and UDP 500, without IPSEC: UDP
    1701

    --
    Thanks
    Chetan

    "Newbie" <noidea@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Microsoft VPN and Norton Personal Firewall 2003
    >
    > Does anyone know what applications or ports need to be allowed in order
    > for
    > a Microsoft VPN to work?
    >
    > If I turn the Firewall off the VPN works no problem.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration Firewalls VPN Microsoft Norton Windows XP