Asus P7P55D Wont Post :(

honesteven

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hi Guys,

Having major difficulty at the moment. Maybe you can save me from never buying an Asus MB again! I have been using this same PC for 3 years no problems.

My PC the past couple of weeks when turning on will turn on and off without actually posting anything for a few seconds. Sometimes its less than a second sometimes its 5 - 10 seconds max.

!!!!!!! - The PC would power on fine after many attempts and funny enough as long as it had started it actually stayed on with no problems. I even left it on for 5 days, no problems.

Yesterday I could not get it to start at all. It just keeps coming on for a second then off and comes on then goes off.

If I unplug the 4pin power connector from the top of the board, but leave in the biggest connection to the motherboard the system stays on fans keep going no problems but ofc nothing will post. Then when I plug back in the 4 pin connection to the MB and try to power up it just keeps starting and stopping.

While leaving all the MB power connections connected I tried removing one thing at a time. I changed the RAM around, tried one stick etc. Removed one HDD at a time, removed graphics card, removed soundcard. Nothing left but the motherboard, CPU, 2 Fans + 1 CPU Fan .... Still same problem.

When I unplug the 4PIN power at the top, everything stays on.

It might be worth mentioning that my MB was sometimes hanging @ loading Express Gate prior to post for the past couple of weeks.

Keep in mind, when I actually got the PC started correctly, it would NOT power off.... I even left it on for 5 days last time and play games etc every day, no PSU issues.

Thanks