Sign in with
Your question

Cooling

Last response: in CPUs
December 4, 2011 2:51:33 PM

hi am am building a 6 core amd bulldozer fx6100 gaming machine i will put putting a radeon hd 6790 in the mix too

i wil be playing high end games on this system

i will not be overclocking this system

but basicly my question is whitch of thease cpu coolers would be best for money i dont want to waste money on liquid cooling if im not going to need it. i am limited to thease coolers

Standard AMD Cooler

This is the standard CPU Cooler which is provided by AMD. Designed specifically to cool their CPUs, this low cost cooler is ideal for general day-to-day or office based PCs.

However, should you wish to push your PC to the limit with intense video editing or playing the latest games, we would recommend you to upgrade to one of the alternative CPU coolers.

SUPER QUIET 22dBA COOLER

Superior in its performance, this cooler possesses a copper base, aluminum fins, and three heatpipes which accelerate heat conductivity and effectively transmit heat to the fins. A 9 cm super quiet fan will halp draw heat away from your PC. Besides, tool-free clip design enables an easy installation. Best of all, It provides a comprehensive thermal solution for Intel and AMD systems.

TITAN FENRIR EVO

Succeeding the legend which was the TITAN heatpipe CPU cooler, FENRIR, the EVO version carries forward its superior performance of targeting 160W TDP. Compared with the 1st version, the FENRIR EVO, TTC-NK85TZ/CS2 (RB), features a powerful fan with nine kukri-shaped blades for maintaining a lower noise level at 15dBA only. It is highly recommended for gamers looking for overclocking potential and an improved hushed operation. The all-in-one socket support is compatible with most Intel and AMD systems.

¡E 4 x 8mm heatpipes with Heat Pipe Direct Contact feature: for rapider heat conductivity.
¡E 12cm ultra-silent fan with nine kukri-shaped blades: compare with the 1st version, the newly revamped fan is perfect for comprehensive cooling capacity and extremely noiseless operation at 15 dBA only.
¡E PWM intelligent fan controller: provides an excellent balance between high and low speed.
¡E High density fin design: large surface for heat dissipation while overclocking.¡@
¡E All-in-one socket support: compatible with Intel LGA 775/LGA1156/LGA1366 and AMD K8/AM2/AM2+/AM3 systems.

COOLIT ECO II A.L.C

The ECO II is an all new, high performance liquid
cooling system design that offers compatibility with
all modern CPU sockets. It offers a low profile head
unit, universal compatibility, the highest reliability
and significantly decreased acoustics. With a silent
pump and increased performance gains, the ECO II
represents the state of the art in liquid cooling.

The ECO II provides a solution that delivers both high performance and low noise. The fin pitch and fluid path of the radiator has been optimized to allow peak efficiency with both low and moderate fan speeds. This ensures that even under heavy load conditions, the ECO II will keep your CPU cool without producing excessive noise. This patent-pending design reduces potential installation challenges, keeping the ECO II compatible with any current CPU socket.

COOLIT ECO II ALC FAT BOY
The ECO II FAT BOY is an all new, high performance liquid cooling system design that offers compatibility with all modern CPU sockets. It offers a low profile head unit, universal compatibility, the highest reliability and significantly decreased acoustics. With a silent pump and increased performance gains, the ECO II FAT BOY represents the state of the art in liquid cooling. The FAT BOY differs from the standard ECO II due to a thicker heat exchanger / radiator giving even greater cooling performance.

The ECO II FAT BOY provides a solution that delivers both high performance and low noise. The fin pitch and fluid path of the radiator has been optimized to allow peak efficiency with both low and moderate fan speeds. This ensures that even under heavy load conditions, the ECO II FAT BOY will keep your CPU cool without producing excessive noise. This patent-pending design reduces potential installation challenges, keeping the ECO II FAT BOY compatible with any current CPU socket.

COOLIT ECO II C240 A.L.C

The ECO II is an all new, high performance liquid
cooling system design that offers compatibility with
all modern CPU sockets. It offers a low profile head
unit, universal compatibility, the highest reliability
and significantly decreased acoustics. With a silent
pump and increased performance gains, the ECO II
represents the state of the art in liquid cooling.

The ECO II provides a solution that delivers both high performance and low noise. The fin pitch and fluid path of the radiator has been optimized to allow peak efficiency with both low and moderate fan speeds. This ensures that even under heavy load conditions, the ECO II will keep your CPU cool without producing excessive noise. This patent-pending design reduces potential installation challenges, keeping the ECO II compatible with any current CPU socket.

More about : cooling

a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 4, 2011 3:01:14 PM

TITAN FENRIR EVO
a c 219 à CPUs
a c 104 À AMD
December 4, 2011 3:24:49 PM

You can play high end games with that combination of cpu and gpu but at what settings and what resolution. You have a cpu that is vastly inferieor to the Sandy Bridge cpu's and you have a video card that is s low end budget type. Unless you misstyped and ment to type 6970. The top AMD cpu cannot compete with Sandy Bridge.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overcloc...

If you want to do high end gaming at the highest settings and resolutions then you would use these two components;

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
$219.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA 03G-P3-1584-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $589.99

But that is of course my opinion and you can certianly put whatever components in your computer that you choose but you do want to explore all the different parts and what they can do and can't do.

Now a nice cooling heatsink/fan to go with this cpu is;

ZALMAN CNPS12X 120mm Long Life Bearing High Performance Triple Fan CPU Cooler
$99.99

However since you will not be overclocking the cpu then the stock cooler that comes with it will be fine.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 4, 2011 11:36:19 PM

i would like to be playing most games on the market on high or ultra (obivasly not crysis 2 dx 11 pack needs at least a 2gig gpu to play)

i also dont really want tohave to touch it much over the next 4 years and still be playin on high by the end of that time

intel cpu's seem to brake the bank

shorly 6 cores at 3.30ghz will keep me satisfied for and playing on high for a wile?
a c 186 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 4, 2011 11:55:16 PM

wezzacas said:
i would like to be playing most games on the market on high or ultra (obivasly not crysis 2 dx 11 pack needs at least a 2gig gpu to play)

i also dont really want tohave to touch it much over the next 4 years and still be playin on high by the end of that time

intel cpu's seem to brake the bank

shorly 6 cores at 3.30ghz will keep me satisfied for and playing on high for a wile?

even the i3 outperforms the fx series in gaming, you could always get an i3 and use your saved money for the highest end i7-3770k ivybridge cpu because they will both use the 1155 socket.
December 5, 2011 12:26:20 AM

how about the phenom ii 6 core instead of fx
a c 186 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 5, 2011 12:50:31 AM

wezzacas said:
how about the phenom ii 6 core instead of fx

Get an i3 and then upgrade to ivybridge in april.
December 5, 2011 1:38:33 AM

I dont think u will do "high end" gaming with a 6790..
December 5, 2011 10:00:35 AM

i think the max i can afford is the 6850 so i guess that will have to do until i win the lotterty
December 5, 2011 10:21:54 AM

i have dicided after much carfull thought that i am going to get the core i5 2500k and the radeon hd 6950 plus all the other bits 8gb hyper x kinston 1600mhz so an and so .... coming in at £875 just means i will have to wait till march - april next year. but then i guess by that point prices will all have changed and no doubt intel will slap a few more cpu's out there so i guess this is more of a template or benchmark of what i will need
a c 186 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 6, 2011 12:19:20 AM

wezzacas said:
i have dicided after much carfull thought that i am going to get the core i5 2500k and the radeon hd 6950 plus all the other bits 8gb hyper x kinston 1600mhz so an and so .... coming in at £875 just means i will have to wait till march - april next year. but then i guess by that point prices will all have changed and no doubt intel will slap a few more cpu's out there so i guess this is more of a template or benchmark of what i will need

Do not get the 6950 yet, as the 7xxx series is coming out very very soon.
!