Sign in with
Your question

Intel DB75EN RAM problem

Last response: in Motherboards
September 11, 2012 10:36:04 AM

Hello to everyone.

I bought the Intel DB75EN a few days ago along with i7 3770K, and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (1600Mhz DDR, 9-9-9-24).

Now here comes the strange part. If i insert one or both memory modules in any RAM slot on the MOBO, I can't even power up the PC. It starts for half a second and shuts down. Then starts again for a second and shuts down again on it's own.

Normally, I'd think it's a RAM issue - BUT. If I insert a single Kingston 4Gb module (also DDR3, 1600mhz) my PC boots up just fine.
The worst part is - if i insert one or both Corsair modules together with the kingston - the PC works just fine.

So at the moment i have 20GB of RAM working fine. Why can't I turn the PC on without the Kingston RAM module?

I've noticed one more thing... According to CPU-Z, Kingston is running at 1600mhz (800x2), and both corsair modules run at 1333. The Memory tab says 800Mhz but if i switch to single slot specs i get corsairs at lower speed.

Any idea what's going on?!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2012 11:52:40 AM

What about the the voltages?
All memory related to the same voltages? but Kingston timing? is the same.
My theory is the Kingston is slower for the same voltages. Then the motherboard accommodate the timings& voltages for the Kingston and then system works.
October 26, 2012 5:29:27 PM

yes i think its a memory compatibility issue ,
here i have something for you about DB75EN
System memory features
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

1.5V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs.
1.35V Low Voltage DDR3 DIMMs (JEDEC specification)
Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Does not support double-sided x16 DIMMs.
32 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 Gb memory technology).
Minimum recommended total system memory: 1 GB
Non-ECC DIMMs
Serial Presence Detect
DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs. Third-generation Intel® Core processors are the only processor family that supports DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/db75e...
http://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/motherboards/desk...

now cross check your RAM's data with i provided one , if its matching then you ask intel or rams manufacturers for help .
if the ram can not match the criteria , then they wont work on you Board
October 26, 2012 5:31:12 PM

Are you mixing both corsair and kingstan rams ?
!