Default setting in standard "Open file" window

Hi,

Is any way to customize the standard Windows "Open file"
window?
The window appears while you want to load a file from any
windows application.
By default the window shows files sorted by name. I'd like
to change this default setting to sorted by date
How it could be done?

Thanks, Alex

Hi,

The common dialogs' views cannot be customized. You will have to choose your preferred view
everytime.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"sikd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is any way to customize the standard Windows "Open file"
> window?
> The window appears while you want to load a file from any
> windows application.
> By default the window shows files sorted by name. I'd like
> to change this default setting to sorted by date
> How it could be done?
>
> Thanks, Alex

Not to put too fine a point on it. That depends on what you meant with
cannot be customized.
The icons in the left of the dialog box can certainly be customized to be
pointing to different locations then the standard, default ones like My
Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer and My Network Places.

:))

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The common dialogs' views cannot be customized. You will have to choose
your preferred view
> everytime.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "sikd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is any way to customize the standard Windows "Open file"
> > window?
> > The window appears while you want to load a file from any
> > windows application.
> > By default the window shows files sorted by name. I'd like
> > to change this default setting to sorted by date
> > How it could be done?
> >
> > Thanks, Alex

The OP was talking about the common dialogs view and not the places bar.