Your question
Closed

Computer Won't Boot, Possibly Overheating

Tags:
  • Antec
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 4, 2011 8:21:36 PM

I have an antec 510 Liquid Cooled desktop. It starts up for about 2-5 seconds then just turns off. Seconds later it boots itself back on but fails and turns off again. Its a cycle. At first I thought it was overheating but I don't think it could overheat in under 5 seconds. My friend has the same configuration as me but his is room temperature while mine was very hot. To be more specific I have a Radeon 6500, Antec 510lc, 750 watts PSU Corsair, Core i7 960, and a GL Geurrilla monster of a motherboard. I never overclocked. My Case is a HAF (High Air Flow) case. I got curious and took out the 510 LC because it overheated occasionally and would quit my programs. I would be playing graphic intensive games like Skyrim when this would happen. When I took it out I found nothing wrong and put it back together and here I am now... I believe I put it back together just fine. I may have smudged the thermal compound a bit but Its hooked up just fine.

More about : computer boot possibly overheating

December 4, 2011 9:16:33 PM

Alright. I got her to stay on just by unplugging and plugging back in the psu cable. The fans are running but theres no picture. I tried dvi and hdmi, nothing pops up
It even plugged directly into the graphics card.
Score

Best solution

December 7, 2011 8:54:49 PM

Make sure you've got a fan on the radiator on the "Asetek 510 LCS".
If you think it's overheating, put in the stock HSF instead and see if you can boot.
Try clearing the CMOS using the instructions in your owner's manual.
Make sure the HSF fan header is installed.
Related resources
December 15, 2011 11:46:01 AM

Best answer selected by Foxtrotter.
Score
December 15, 2011 11:50:57 AM

dannoddd said:
Make sure you've got a fan on the radiator on the "Asetek 510 LCS".
If you think it's overheating, put in the stock HSF instead and see if you can boot.
Try clearing the CMOS using the instructions in your owner's manual.
Make sure the HSF fan header is installed.

Yeah, I think the ASETEK LC 510 had to much hair in it. I cleaned it out but when I put it back together the copper on the cooling wasn't touching the CPU directly. A screw was slightly off. So I sent it back to CyberPower as I had a warranty. My guess is that it overheated and melted the CPU. I feel so stupid.... Antec≠Asetek :pfff: 
Its 75$ for shipping it back to CyberPower, Vs 300$ for a new i7. I won't get it back until AFTER Christmas break it seems
Score
!