0x000021a Fatal System Error - Help

Cannen

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hey guys just recently ran into a problem, got a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphic card. Self built or atleast my friend built it for me whom is away in the military. Problem I have ran into is when I start up my computer I hear the fan start then stutter then kick back on and that is when I have a STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} then goes on to say 0x0000000 (0xc0000001 0x001404ac) then system shuts down. Now weird thing is i feel like after my computer cools down it will run windows fine..but say I have been on for a while then decide to restart that is when I get this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks Cannen

popatim

Titan
it sounds like you are overheating the CPU, Take the side cover off the PC case and watch to see which fan is having a problem. Often you can just replace the fan with one the same size (and they are measured in mm not inches). Pay attention to which way the fan is (trying to) blow the air because you will need to put the replacement fan in the same way.