Sign in with
Your question

Corsair H60 hydro series --> which config will be better ???

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2011 10:00:15 PM

Hi everyone , I have H60 hydro series cooling for my i5 2500k + Asus P8P67 pro .
My question is : which fan setup will be more effective ??
(I'll be using 2x 120mm fans on both sides of the radiator )

1) (pull-push) pulling cold air from the back of the case and with the second fan pushing it into the case ???

2) (push-pull) pulling warmer air from inside of the case and pushing it out with the second fan ??

PLEASE NOTE : I have 1x140mm front intake fan
1x120mm intake fan on the side of the case and One more fan on the top of the case which I will configure depending of the H60 setup as Intake or exhaust fan .

What do You recommend ???
Thanx !
Add a reply
Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message
September 4, 2011 10:07:42 PM

2nd option is better... If you put #1 on the front of the case, it's better but the 2nd is better because it's at the rear/back of the case... You need the best airflow in your case, not some mess-up air flow which will cycle and create a lot of heat...
September 4, 2011 10:23:28 PM

2384077,2,916569 said:
2nd option is better... If you put #1 on the front of the case, it's better but the 2nd is better because it's at the rear/back of the case... You need the best airflow in your case, not some mess-up air flow which will cycle and create a lot of heat...[/]

When using 2nd option .
How should I set the fan on the top ? Exhaust ( default ) or maybe intake to deliver some extra fresh air since the air from the front intake fan will not be so cold anymore ( PSU + 3xhdd + SSD )

What do u think ??

Please note : my system will be OC , even tiny difference is important for me .
Thanx .
September 4, 2011 10:39:46 PM

What's your case? If you can, put it on the Rear instead of the top because it looks better!
!