Need help about fps...

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
hello, i recently bought Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti beacause i was tiered of seeing 30-50 fps on every game i play... but evan with this video card i still get around 40-50 fps...
my system spec's :
CPU : AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.0 MHz
Mother Board : Asus Crosshair IV Formula / AM3 Socket
Ram: 1X4GB Corsair Vengence and 1X4GB G.Skill Ripjaw Edition
Video Card : Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti
PSU : Corsair AX750W
can u help me out...
im so angry about this....
all i get is 40-50 fps while my friends with pc's that are not better than mine get about 100 fps...
thanks in advance,
Daniel.

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
i play GTA EFLC on all settings High and very high
but now i play with all settings on lowest beacause my friends told me that the game will run better online with the settings on low...

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
you saw my specs... pc's like
mother board Asus P5KPL-cm
cpu : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
Ram : DDR2 Kingston 2Gb 800MHz
PSU: Seasonic 600W
Video Card: Asus‏ HD 6870
and etc...

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

i play GTA EFLC on all settings High and very high
but now i play with all settings on lowest beacause my friends told me that the game will run better online with the settings on low...
can u please help me out... :'(

first of all, did you play on the very exact as your friend? btw GTA4 are known for it's poor port from console to PC. even high end system have difficulty to play the game on max setting. having said that what about other games? did they not improve much as well? what is your previous gpu?

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

other games as well not improved and about my previous gpu... i had Zotac GTS 250 and i got 20-30 fps at all !!!!
i hope there is some thing i can do about it... maybe settings... idk...
my question is what the fps depends on... i mean what makes the fps rate higher or lower...
i think that my system is not bad at all.. :D

it depends on the setting and resolution that you're playing at.

That's why you are not seeing the framerate increase that you have been expecting to see, you need to get a better monitor around the 16 x 10 range because at the moment the CPU is doing most of the work not the GTX560 that you've just put in.

danirockdude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

ok thanks for the help !!! :D