PSP vs DS, user opinions are in.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.

PSP 7.5
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst

DS 7.9
http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst
131 answers Last reply
More about user opinions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    > comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    > of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >

    > PSP 7.5
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >
    > DS 7.9
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst

    Interesting survey results, but are you really going to trust someone who
    gives the PSP a 4/10 and says that "NGage is a better choice." Can you
    trust someone who gives the DS a 9/10, saying it "out performs the PSP in
    nearly every way... the Audio quality is much better than the PSP. the
    gamecards are smaller than the PSPs big disks." The DS's audio quality is
    better than PSP? This is a guy who spells "awesome" with a "u" after all...

    If I could add my opinions:

    The DS's touch screen is an interesting gimmick for those few games that
    bother to use it. The design is good, as the closed lid shields the screen.
    The software line-up is seriously lacking, and even when you find a good
    game such as Ridge Racer or Mario, the graphics aren't any better than the
    N64. With Nintendo's library, the system could have a decent future once
    they release Metroid, Animal Crossing, and other franchises It's $100
    cheaper, but you can't play videos, MP3's, or store/view photos and there is
    no USB port or memory stick port. The sound is poor, and the little volume
    switch makes it hard to get a decent sound level. . If your battery ever
    dies, you can't open the unit to replace it. Overall: 7/10

    The PSP's screen is amazingly beautiful, with or without pixel problems, and
    it has a variety of uses (music, movies, photos, games). Wireless Internet
    play is great. It needs a screen cover for protection and smudges easily.
    There are more moving parts, and hence more opportunities to break the unit.
    It should have been released in a cheaper package without the UMD movie and
    memory stick. UMD prices ($19 or $29) are too high. The software line-up
    so far is decent, but not spectacular, with games that look nearly as good
    as their PS2 counterparts. Upcoming titles such as Gran Turismo and Grand
    Theft Auto will surely help sales. Battery life is okay, but could be
    better. If your battery dies, you can buy another one. Overall: 9/10

    In the end, though, these opinions don't mean much either way. Just as
    final vote tallies matter more than a handful of exit polls, sales data will
    tell the story more than a survey of a limited group of people (registered
    CNet users). We'll see how the PSP does this fall after its first Christmas
    season.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    > >
    > >They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the
    systems is
    > >comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    margin
    > >of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been
    ahead.

    > Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.

    You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    neutral post about the two systems.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >> comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    >> margin
    >> of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >>

    >> PSP 7.5
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >>
    >> DS 7.9
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst
    >

    > Interesting survey results, but are you really going to trust someone who
    > gives the PSP a 4/10 and says that "NGage is a better choice." Can you
    > trust someone who gives the DS a 9/10, saying it "out performs the PSP in
    > nearly every way... the Audio quality is much better than the PSP. the
    > gamecards are smaller than the PSPs big disks." The DS's audio quality is
    > better than PSP? This is a guy who spells "awesome" with a "u" after
    > all...

    Those are a few responses. You can't trust everyone on a survey, but still
    trust the survey. It's called the central limit theorem.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    >of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.

    Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>
    >>They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >>comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    >>of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >

    > Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.

    Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>>
    >>>They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >>>comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    >>>margin
    >>>of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >>

    >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    >
    > Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!

    Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear games or
    TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better than
    gameboy.

    Oh wait, they all DIED. =)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    > >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    > >
    > > Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!
    > >
    > Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear games
    or
    > TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better than
    > gameboy.
    >
    > Oh wait, they all DIED. =)

    Didn't Nintendo say no more hardware from them after the failing Cube, I
    guess it won't be long now till there completely gone.

    As for SONY, I don't see them going any time soon, they make far too many
    various entertainment hardware items and own or control most of everything
    you see or hear by way of movies and music.

    Just my two cent's, as for the PSP vs DS comparison, there is none, DS is
    just a kids game unit with the basic games, PSP on the other hand is a
    complete pocket entertainment system for games, movies, music, internet
    access and probably more to come with USB additions, custom software etc,
    much more bang for the buck and looks better doing it all too :)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    > comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    > of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >

    > PSP 7.5
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >
    > DS 7.9
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst

    PSP had almost 300+ more users vote too.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems
    is
    > > comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    margin
    > > of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been
    ahead.

    > > PSP 7.5
    > > http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    > >
    > > DS 7.9
    > > http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst
    > >
    > PSP had almost 300+ more users vote too.

    I didn't see any vote but then I wasn't looking to prove what I've got was
    better by means of voting, I was too busy using my PSP for such kiddy
    event's.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message

    >> PSP had almost 300+ more users vote too.
    >
    > I didn't see any vote but then I wasn't looking to prove what I've got was
    > better by means of voting, I was too busy using my PSP for such kiddy
    > event's.

    So, by your logic, you're saying that the PSP users much not be having much
    fun with their PSP's since they voted more? Or, were you just talking
    smack?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Android wrote:
    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >>comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    >>of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >>

    >>PSP 7.5
    >>http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >>
    >>DS 7.9
    >>http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst
    >

    > Interesting survey results, but are you really going to trust someone who
    > gives the PSP a 4/10 and says that "NGage is a better choice." Can you
    > trust someone who gives the DS a 9/10, saying it "out performs the PSP in
    > nearly every way... the Audio quality is much better than the PSP. the
    > gamecards are smaller than the PSPs big disks." The DS's audio quality is
    > better than PSP? This is a guy who spells "awesome" with a "u" after all...

    I would agree...that little poll/survey is not what I would really count
    as being accurate by any means.

    > If I could add my opinions:
    >
    > The DS's touch screen is an interesting gimmick for those few games that
    > bother to use it. The design is good, as the closed lid shields the screen.
    > The software line-up is seriously lacking, and even when you find a good
    > game such as Ridge Racer or Mario, the graphics aren't any better than the
    > N64. With Nintendo's library, the system could have a decent future once
    > they release Metroid, Animal Crossing, and other franchises It's $100
    > cheaper, but you can't play videos, MP3's, or store/view photos and there is
    > no USB port or memory stick port. The sound is poor, and the little volume
    > switch makes it hard to get a decent sound level. . If your battery ever
    > dies, you can't open the unit to replace it. Overall: 7/10
    >
    > The PSP's screen is amazingly beautiful, with or without pixel problems, and
    > it has a variety of uses (music, movies, photos, games). Wireless Internet
    > play is great. It needs a screen cover for protection and smudges easily.
    > There are more moving parts, and hence more opportunities to break the unit.
    > It should have been released in a cheaper package without the UMD movie and
    > memory stick. UMD prices ($19 or $29) are too high. The software line-up
    > so far is decent, but not spectacular, with games that look nearly as good
    > as their PS2 counterparts. Upcoming titles such as Gran Turismo and Grand
    > Theft Auto will surely help sales. Battery life is okay, but could be
    > better. If your battery dies, you can buy another one. Overall: 9/10
    >
    > In the end, though, these opinions don't mean much either way. Just as
    > final vote tallies matter more than a handful of exit polls, sales data will
    > tell the story more than a survey of a limited group of people (registered
    > CNet users). We'll see how the PSP does this fall after its first Christmas
    > season.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >
    > >> PSP had almost 300+ more users vote too.
    > >
    > > I didn't see any vote but then I wasn't looking to prove what I've got
    was
    > > better by means of voting, I was too busy using my PSP for such kiddy
    > > event's.
    >
    > So, by your logic, you're saying that the PSP users much not be having
    much
    > fun with their PSP's since they voted more? Or, were you just talking
    > smack?

    I don't get the logic excuse my ignorance but if PSP had 300 + more voter's
    how is it the DS came out with a better score, something smells rotten about
    that kind of out come, as for being to busy to look for polls to cast on the
    subject yes I am busy playing but PSP'rs aren't all nessasarly doing the
    same thing, maybe some were listening to their music or watching a movie and
    voting, Both my hand's are busy trying to get through the longest and best
    RPG I've ever seen called Legends.

    P.S. I've played over 75 RPG's since 1997
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

> [...]
    > unit.
    > It should have been released in a cheaper package without the UMD movie
    > and
    > memory stick. UMD prices ($19 or $29) are too high. The software line-up
    > so far is decent, but not spectacular, with games that look nearly as good
    > as their PS2 counterparts. Upcoming titles such as Gran Turismo and Grand
    > Theft Auto will surely help sales. Battery life is okay, but could be
    > better. If your battery dies, you can buy another one. Overall: 9/10
    >
    > In the end, though, these opinions don't mean much either way. Just as
    > final vote tallies matter more than a handful of exit polls, sales data
    > will
    > tell the story more than a survey of a limited group of people (registered
    > CNet users). We'll see how the PSP does this fall after its first

    Lol I love fanboys
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >> >
    >> >They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the
    > systems is
    >> >comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    > margin
    >> >of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been
    > ahead.
    >>

    >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    >
    > You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    > neutral post about the two systems.

    He's a troll. He doesn't care about anything else.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <426e867d$0$90589$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>>
    >>>They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >>>comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    >>>of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >>

    >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    >
    >Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!

    No but it sure as hell says alot more about public opinion.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > No but it sure as hell says alot more about public opinion.

    No it doesn't.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > No but [sales] sure as hell says alot more about public opinion.
    >
    > No it doesn't.

    It doesn't? So a movie which grosses $300 million dollars *isn't* as
    well-liked by the public as a movie that grosses only $80 million? How do
    you figure that one?

    Money talks. I can't think of a better measure of public opinion regarding
    a product than actual sales of that product--especially when we are talking
    about leisure items which no one *has* to own. No one is going to purchase
    an entertainment product they don't want or like. You are starting to sound
    like the Xbox fanboys who claimed that the Xbox was more popular with the
    public despite the fact that (at the time) the PS2 had sold 20 million+
    units and the Xbox had slightly sold less than 8 million.

    If you want to account for the difference in price, don't look at the
    revenues but just the units sold. If, after Christmas, the PSP has sold 2
    million units and the DS has sold 1.5 million (or vice-versa), those sales
    figures tell us which is more popular with the public. How can you argue
    otherwise?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <426eacc0$0$90549$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    >>> comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    >>> margin
    >>> of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >>>

    >>> PSP 7.5
    >>> http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >>>
    >>> DS 7.9
    >>> http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst
    >>

    >> Interesting survey results, but are you really going to trust someone who
    >> gives the PSP a 4/10 and says that "NGage is a better choice." Can you
    >> trust someone who gives the DS a 9/10, saying it "out performs the PSP in
    >> nearly every way... the Audio quality is much better than the PSP. the
    >> gamecards are smaller than the PSPs big disks." The DS's audio quality is
    >> better than PSP? This is a guy who spells "awesome" with a "u" after
    >> all...
    >
    >Those are a few responses. You can't trust everyone on a survey, but still
    >trust the survey. It's called the central limit theorem.

    And your called the dipshit theorem.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > And your called the dipshit theorem.

    lol. Says you, the fool.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >> > No but [sales] sure as hell says alot more about public opinion.
    >>
    >> No it doesn't.
    >
    > It doesn't? So a movie which grosses $300 million dollars *isn't* as
    > well-liked by the public as a movie that grosses only $80 million? How do
    > you figure that one?

    Children movies make millions. Also, movies cost the same. The PSP costs
    twice as much.

    > Money talks. I can't think of a better measure of public opinion
    > regarding
    > a product than actual sales of that product--especially when we are
    > talking
    > about leisure items which no one *has* to own.

    How many copies of the Matrix game were sold? How many of, say, ICO?

    > No one is going to purchase an entertainment product they don't want or
    > like.

    Woa... that's not even close to being a fact. People buy stuff all the time
    that they end up not liking. They might have thought otherwise before they
    bought it, but they find out afterwards that it wasn't as good as they
    thought, etc.

    Also, on the other hand, people DON'T buy things that they would like if
    they did.

    > You are starting to sound
    > like the Xbox fanboys who claimed that the Xbox was more popular with the
    > public despite the fact that (at the time) the PS2 had sold 20 million+
    > units and the Xbox had slightly sold less than 8 million.

    Well, isn't that a point where those XBOX fanboys probably didn't have a
    PS2, but if they had a PS2, they probably would have liked it.

    You're just simply wrong about this one. Sales don't necessarily equal
    quality.

    > If you want to account for the difference in price, don't look at the
    > revenues but just the units sold. If, after Christmas, the PSP has sold 2
    > million units and the DS has sold 1.5 million (or vice-versa), those sales
    > figures tell us which is more popular with the public. How can you argue
    > otherwise?

    Probably not because no one was arguing popularity, my friend. It's the
    people's opinions. Like I already said sales only show what someone thought
    they wanted before they bought it. They may never even play the other
    system. They might like the other system, but wouldn't know it. Kind of
    like your XBOX example, really.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    > >> No it doesn't.
    > >
    > > It doesn't? So a movie which grosses $300 million dollars *isn't* as
    > > well-liked by the public as a movie that grosses only $80 million? How
    do
    > > you figure that one?
    >
    > Children movies make millions. Also, movies cost the same. The PSP costs
    > twice as much.

    That's why I suggested looking at unit sales, not revenue.

    > > Money talks. I can't think of a better measure of public opinion
    > > regarding
    > > a product than actual sales of that product--especially when we are
    > > talking
    > > about leisure items which no one *has* to own.
    >
    > How many copies of the Matrix game were sold? How many of, say, ICO?

    The point being? Matrix was a best-seller. ICO was not. That is a measure
    of public opinion as to which is the better game (which I happen to disagree
    with, but I am obviously in the minority).

    > > No one is going to purchase an entertainment product they don't want or
    > > like.
    >
    > Woa... that's not even close to being a fact. People buy stuff all the
    time
    > that they end up not liking. They might have thought otherwise before
    they
    > bought it, but they find out afterwards that it wasn't as good as they
    > thought, etc.
    >
    > Also, on the other hand, people DON'T buy things that they would like if
    > they did.
    >
    > > You are starting to sound
    > > like the Xbox fanboys who claimed that the Xbox was more popular with
    the
    > > public despite the fact that (at the time) the PS2 had sold 20 million+
    > > units and the Xbox had slightly sold less than 8 million.
    >
    > Well, isn't that a point where those XBOX fanboys probably didn't have a
    > PS2, but if they had a PS2, they probably would have liked it.
    >
    > You're just simply wrong about this one. Sales don't necessarily equal
    > quality.

    Back the truck up! I never said sales=quality. Re-read the posts. You
    disagreed with the notion that sales=a good measure of public opinion. JoJo
    wrote that sales say a lot about public opinion, and you said that they
    don't. If you meant that sales don't say everything about quality, then I
    would have agreed with you. Using your example, The Matrix was more popular
    than ICO because it outsold it by a wide margin. Was it a better game?
    Definitely not.

    So, if the PSP ends up selling more units than the DS, it is safe to say
    that the public likes it better. If the DS sells more units than the PSP,
    then public opinion supports the DS.

    > > If you want to account for the difference in price, don't look at the
    > > revenues but just the units sold. If, after Christmas, the PSP has sold
    2
    > > million units and the DS has sold 1.5 million (or vice-versa), those
    sales
    > > figures tell us which is more popular with the public. How can you
    argue
    > > otherwise?
    >
    > Probably not because no one was arguing popularity, my friend. It's the
    > people's opinions. Like I already said sales only show what someone
    thought
    > they wanted before they bought it. They may never even play the other
    > system. They might like the other system, but wouldn't know it. Kind of
    > like your XBOX example, really.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in

    > They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems
    > is comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    > margin of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have
    > been ahead.
    >

    > PSP 7.5
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >
    > DS 7.9
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uols

    I know which one I prefer. What others prefer is really of no relevance to
    me but I suppose fanboys of one system think it matters.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote in message
    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in
    >
    >> They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems
    >> is comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    >> margin of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have
    >> been ahead.
    >>

    >> PSP 7.5
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >>
    >> DS 7.9
    >> http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uols
    >>

    > I know which one I prefer. What others prefer is really of no relevance to
    > me but I suppose fanboys of one system think it matters.

    What I'm saying is that the numbers show that the user opinions show that
    people like them about the same. There is no fanboy traction on this one.
    People like them both!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <426ec6dd$0$90593$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> And your called the dipshit theorem.
    >
    >lol. Says you, the fool.

    I'll take fool over dipshit.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    > is
    > ahead.

    >> > Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!
    >> >
    >> Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear games
    > or
    >> TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better
    >> than
    >> gameboy.
    >>
    >> Oh wait, they all DIED. =)
    >>

    > Didn't Nintendo say no more hardware from them after the failing Cube, I
    > guess it won't be long now till there completely gone.
    >
    > As for SONY, I don't see them going any time soon, they make far too many
    > various entertainment hardware items and own or control most of everything
    > you see or hear by way of movies and music.
    >
    > Just my two cent's, as for the PSP vs DS comparison, there is none, DS is
    > just a kids game unit with the basic games, PSP on the other hand is a
    > complete pocket entertainment system for games, movies, music, internet
    > access and probably more to come with USB additions, custom software etc,
    > much more bang for the buck and looks better doing it all too :)

    Pffft. What's wrong with a system being game dedicated? Nothing against the
    PSP, but the only media use I'm interested in is watching video files via
    memory stick, and for that I'm waiting at least until 1 GB and up sticks are
    available on the cheap. iPods are all around more viable for music listening
    and movies on UMD are too expensive for a medium that can only be read on
    one system.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <1114556293.251415.243140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >> >
    >> >They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the
    >systems is
    >> >comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the
    >margin
    >> >of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been
    >ahead.
    >>

    >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    >
    >You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    >neutral post about the two systems.

    What a goof you have become Robert. There is nothing neutral about Freds post
    in here and if you can't understand that then your too far gone. I thought I
    already stated my position on the DS but if you missed it then here it is
    again. I only hate Nintendo for putting out this new handheld without a analog
    controller. After playing Mario on it I couldnt believe they omitted this key
    controller for it(I would love to play through Mario again and would be doing
    so if the control was right). I could care less if it does well or if it does
    this or that but if some goof(Fred) comes in here talking out his ass then I
    will call him on it.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >>You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    >>neutral post about the two systems.
    >>
    > What a goof you have become Robert. There is nothing neutral about Freds
    > post
    > in here

    Yes, you are right. I did say that I expected the PSP would be ahead
    because of its multimedia abilities and the slick games it has out.

    > and if you can't understand that then your too far gone. I thought I
    > already stated my position on the DS but if you missed it then here it is
    > again. I only hate Nintendo for putting out this new handheld without a
    > analog
    > controller.

    There's a huge analog controller on there. Even higher res analog input
    than the PSP's.

    > I could care less if it does well or if it does
    > this or that but if some goof(Fred) comes in here talking out his ass then
    > will call him on it.

    You didn't call me on anything, so let's not get all high and mighty now.
    You're a self proclaimed ass who has it out for me. You've already said as
    much.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >>> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >>> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    >>
    >> Oh yes, because we all know sales is the end all in gaming!
    >>
    > Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear games
    > or TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better
    > than gameboy.
    >
    > Oh wait, they all DIED. =)

    Never owned one, but from what I heard, the NGPC was a damn good system, and
    many of the games that showed up on the TurboExpress, and mainly, the
    TG16/PCE were quite excellent.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "mganai" <lecter414@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    >> is
    >> ahead.

    >>> Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear
    >>> games
    >> or
    >>> TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better
    >>> than
    >>> gameboy.
    >>>
    >>> Oh wait, they all DIED. =)
    >>>

    >> Didn't Nintendo say no more hardware from them after the failing Cube, I
    >> guess it won't be long now till there completely gone.
    >>
    >> As for SONY, I don't see them going any time soon, they make far too many
    >> various entertainment hardware items and own or control most of
    >> everything
    >> you see or hear by way of movies and music.
    >>
    >> Just my two cent's, as for the PSP vs DS comparison, there is none, DS is
    >> just a kids game unit with the basic games, PSP on the other hand is a
    >> complete pocket entertainment system for games, movies, music, internet
    >> access and probably more to come with USB additions, custom software etc,
    >> much more bang for the buck and looks better doing it all too :)
    >>

    > Pffft. What's wrong with a system being game dedicated? Nothing against
    > the PSP, but the only media use I'm interested in is watching video files
    > via memory stick, and for that I'm waiting at least until 1 GB and up
    > sticks are available on the cheap. iPods are all around more viable for
    > music listening and movies on UMD are too expensive for a medium that can
    > only be read on one system.

    everyone seems to forget, GBA/DS plays MP3's, video and shows jpgs. You just
    need a Supercard/CF card. So for about $100 more, it can play the same media
    as the PSP.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > everyone seems to forget, GBA/DS plays MP3's, video and shows jpgs. You
    > just need a Supercard/CF card. So for about $100 more, it can play the
    > same media as the PSP.

    When you get down to it, the DS in that respect is better because you can
    use microdrives as well. But, really, unless the thing is capable out of
    the box, or has an actual mass retail distribution, it doesn't count to the
    averages.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:
    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > >> In article <426e802d$0$90542$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    > > systems is
    > > margin
    > > ahead.
    > >>

    > >> Don't worry! It will be far ahead in the sales department.
    > >
    > > You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    > > neutral post about the two systems.
    >
    > He's a troll. He doesn't care about anything else.

    That's starting to become apparent.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Android wrote:

    > If I could add my opinions:
    >
    > The DS's touch screen is an interesting gimmick for those few games that
    > bother to use it. The design is good, as the closed lid shields the screen.
    > The software line-up is seriously lacking, and even when you find a good
    > game such as Ridge Racer or Mario, the graphics aren't any better than the
    > N64. With Nintendo's library, the system could have a decent future once
    > they release Metroid, Animal Crossing, and other franchises It's $100
    > cheaper, but you can't play videos, MP3's, or store/view photos and there is
    > no USB port or memory stick port. The sound is poor, and the little volume
    > switch makes it hard to get a decent sound level. . If your battery ever
    > dies, you can't open the unit to replace it. Overall: 7/10

    The touch has been used in all games I've seen on the DS so far.

    The good software is on the way (e.g., Katamari Damacy, a PS2 game). In
    fact I've got three on order. I'd order more, but I'd have to pay import
    tax.

    You can buy an adapter to play movies and music. Maybe not up to PSP
    quality, but it works.

    DS sound is an improvement on GBA SP sound.

    You _can_ open the unit to replace the battery. There's even a larger
    capacity battery for sale.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > The point being? Matrix was a best-seller. ICO was not. That is a
    > measure
    > of public opinion as to which is the better game (which I happen to
    > disagree
    > with, but I am obviously in the minority).

    Nah its just a measure of how many were sold. It matters not whether they
    were liked or not.
    You can only gauge public opinion on which was the better game from people
    who have played both, otherwise it is impossible for them to have an
    opinion.
    You could argue that more people felt the Matrix game appealing and
    preferred that genre rather than the artsy Ico, but it will never be a gauge
    of which was better, only which *sold* better.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    >> How many copies of the Matrix game were sold? How many of, say, ICO?
    >
    > The point being? Matrix was a best-seller. ICO was not. That is a
    > measure
    > of public opinion as to which is the better game (which I happen to
    > disagree
    > with, but I am obviously in the minority).

    No, that's what game people bought more of. Just because someone never
    heard of ICO doesn't mean that they wouldn't have had a high opinion of it
    if they bought it. And, just because someone bought Matrix hardly means
    they thought it was a good game.

    It's quite simple. Sales can't measure user opinions.

    >> You're just simply wrong about this one. Sales don't necessarily equal
    >> quality.
    >
    > Back the truck up! I never said sales=quality. Re-read the posts.

    Read the title.

    > You
    > disagreed with the notion that sales=a good measure of public opinion.
    > JoJo
    > wrote that sales say a lot about public opinion, and you said that they
    > don't.

    No, he never said public opinion. That was your misunderstanding. Read the
    title. It doesn't say public opinion.

    > If you meant that sales don't say everything about quality, then I
    > would have agreed with you.

    Read the title.

    I see. This is all a misunderstanding.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Android wrote:
    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    >>>It doesn't? So a movie which grosses $300 million dollars *isn't* as
    >>>well-liked by the public as a movie that grosses only $80 million? How
    >>
    > do
    >
    >>>you figure that one?
    >>
    >>Children movies make millions. Also, movies cost the same. The PSP costs
    >>twice as much.
    >

    > That's why I suggested looking at unit sales, not revenue.
    >

    >>>Money talks. I can't think of a better measure of public opinion
    >>>regarding
    >>>a product than actual sales of that product--especially when we are
    >>>talking
    >>>about leisure items which no one *has* to own.
    >>
    >>How many copies of the Matrix game were sold? How many of, say, ICO?
    >

    > The point being? Matrix was a best-seller. ICO was not. That is a measure
    > of public opinion as to which is the better game (which I happen to disagree
    > with, but I am obviously in the minority).

    That example is not even a fair one. In that case it boils down to name
    recognition (the Matrix) and failure to properly promote (Ico) a more
    than worthy game. Ico got overlooked due to that, though many did catch
    it later on after an extended period of praise from gamers and those in
    the industry constantly doing so. Not a fair example at all really...

    >>>No one is going to purchase an entertainment product they don't want or
    >>>like.
    >>
    >>Woa... that's not even close to being a fact. People buy stuff all the
    >
    > time
    >
    >>that they end up not liking. They might have thought otherwise before
    >
    > they
    >
    >>bought it, but they find out afterwards that it wasn't as good as they
    >>thought, etc.
    >>
    >>Also, on the other hand, people DON'T buy things that they would like if
    >>they did.
    >>

    >>>You are starting to sound
    >>>like the Xbox fanboys who claimed that the Xbox was more popular with
    >>
    > the
    >
    >>>public despite the fact that (at the time) the PS2 had sold 20 million+
    >>>units and the Xbox had slightly sold less than 8 million.
    >>
    >>Well, isn't that a point where those XBOX fanboys probably didn't have a
    >>PS2, but if they had a PS2, they probably would have liked it.
    >>
    >>You're just simply wrong about this one. Sales don't necessarily equal
    >>quality.
    >

    > Back the truck up! I never said sales=quality. Re-read the posts. You
    > disagreed with the notion that sales=a good measure of public opinion. JoJo
    > wrote that sales say a lot about public opinion, and you said that they
    > don't. If you meant that sales don't say everything about quality, then I
    > would have agreed with you. Using your example, The Matrix was more popular
    > than ICO because it outsold it by a wide margin. Was it a better game?
    > Definitely not.
    >
    > So, if the PSP ends up selling more units than the DS, it is safe to say
    > that the public likes it better. If the DS sells more units than the PSP,
    > then public opinion supports the DS.
    >

    >>>If you want to account for the difference in price, don't look at the
    >>>revenues but just the units sold. If, after Christmas, the PSP has sold
    >>
    > 2
    >
    >>>million units and the DS has sold 1.5 million (or vice-versa), those
    >>
    > sales
    >
    >>>figures tell us which is more popular with the public. How can you
    >>
    > argue
    >
    >>>otherwise?
    >>
    >>Probably not because no one was arguing popularity, my friend. It's the
    >>people's opinions. Like I already said sales only show what someone
    >
    > thought
    >
    >>they wanted before they bought it. They may never even play the other
    >>system. They might like the other system, but wouldn't know it. Kind of
    >>like your XBOX example, really.

  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    > They're almost the same. Looks like the public opinion of the systems is
    > comparable. The DS advantage is negligible and probably within the margin
    > of error. Personally, I would have though the PSP would have been ahead.
    >
    > PSP 7.5
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4852-10109_7-30895581.html?tag=uolst
    >
    > DS 7.9
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/Nintendo_DS/4852-10109_7-30895578.html?tag=uolst

    That's not really a valid comparison. It would be like polling a group
    of Ferrari owners to rate their cars and getting a 7.5

    Then polling a group of Volkswagen users to rate their cars and getting
    a 7.9,
    then saying that "Its close, but VWs are better than Ferraris".
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > When you get down to it, the DS in that respect is better because you can
    > use microdrives as well. But, really, unless the thing is capable out of
    > the box, or has an actual mass retail distribution, it doesn't count to
    the
    > averages.

    Well.. the screen on PSP is far superior.

    ..Jarle
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> wrote in
    message news:426f63df$1@news.broadpark.no...

    >> When you get down to it, the DS in that respect is better because you can
    >> use microdrives as well. But, really, unless the thing is capable out of
    >> the box, or has an actual mass retail distribution, it doesn't count to
    > the
    >> averages.
    >
    > Well.. the screen on PSP is far superior.

    Superior, but seeing as they're both around the same vertical res, I
    wouldn't say far.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Cougar" <cougre@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > That's not really a valid comparison. It would be like polling a group
    > of Ferrari owners to rate their cars and getting a 7.5
    >
    > Then polling a group of Volkswagen users to rate their cars and getting
    > a 7.9,
    > then saying that "Its close, but VWs are better than Ferraris".

    Um, no, it'd be like Volkswagens to Toyotas.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <1114602604.437229.103060@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >Fred Liken wrote:
    >> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    >> > systems is
    >the
    >> > margin
    >been
    >> > ahead.

    >> > You can't even control your hatred of the DS even when Fred makes a
    >> > neutral post about the two systems.
    >>
    >> He's a troll. He doesn't care about anything else.
    >
    >That's starting to become apparent.

    LOL!!! I always thought in the end you were level headed Robert but you've
    just proved me wrong. You two need to look up what a troll does and then take
    a long hard look in the mirror.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    No, comparing the DS to a PSP is more like Ferrari to a Volkswagon.

    RnR Lesnar

    > "Cougar" <cougre@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> That's not really a valid comparison. It would be like polling a group
    >> of Ferrari owners to rate their cars and getting a 7.5
    >>
    >> Then polling a group of Volkswagen users to rate their cars and getting
    >> a 7.9,
    >> then saying that "Its close, but VWs are better than Ferraris".
    >
    > Um, no, it'd be like Volkswagens to Toyotas.

  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "mganai" <lecter414@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Rengaw" <rengaw@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "sardu" <robertaccomandonospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    > > is
    > > ahead.

    > >> Hmm, maybe I should go out and buy some Lynx games or Sega Gamegear
    games
    > > or
    > >> TurboExpress games. Or a new NeoGeo pocket game. They are all better
    > >> than
    > >> gameboy.
    > >>
    > >> Oh wait, they all DIED. =)
    > >>

    > > Didn't Nintendo say no more hardware from them after the failing Cube, I
    > > guess it won't be long now till there completely gone.
    > >
    > > As for SONY, I don't see them going any time soon, they make far too
    many
    > > various entertainment hardware items and own or control most of
    everything
    > > you see or hear by way of movies and music.
    > >
    > > Just my two cent's, as for the PSP vs DS comparison, there is none, DS
    is
    > > just a kids game unit with the basic games, PSP on the other hand is a
    > > complete pocket entertainment system for games, movies, music, internet
    > > access and probably more to come with USB additions, custom software
    etc,
    > > much more bang for the buck and looks better doing it all too :)
    > >

    > Pffft. What's wrong with a system being game dedicated? Nothing against
    the
    > PSP, but the only media use I'm interested in is watching video files via
    > memory stick, and for that I'm waiting at least until 1 GB and up sticks
    are
    > available on the cheap. iPods are all around more viable for music
    listening
    > and movies on UMD are too expensive for a medium that can only be read on
    > one system.

    Nothing wrong with it and or the DS if that's what you want.
    I watch favorite flicks on my 512k card, works fine.
    I'm waiting for the 10GB and up but that doesn't stop me from
    buying what's availible now.
    iPods are all around more viable for music listen only, if that's all you
    want.
    Anyone that can dish out for PSP and games can affored to collect a favorite
    collection of their movies on UMD, it's a great format especially with the
    finger
    guard covers over the CD's, I'll keep buying no problem.
    As for being only on one system, you really think SONY is going to stop at
    the PSP
    with the UMD format, I seriously doubt it.
    Anyway what ever you like or don't like is fine, I'm happy with my PSP
    period.
    :)
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> wrote in
    message news:426f63df$1@news.broadpark.no...

    > > When you get down to it, the DS in that respect is better because you
    can
    > > use microdrives as well. But, really, unless the thing is capable out
    of
    > > the box, or has an actual mass retail distribution, it doesn't count to
    > the
    > > averages.
    >
    > Well.. the screen on PSP is far superior.
    >
    > .Jarle

    Looking at them side by side, absolutely no doubt, perfect pocket size
    screen.
    Not too small and not too bulky.
    PSP is like short for Perfect SONY Picture in my mind.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > No but [sales] sure as hell says alot more about public opinion.
    > >
    > > No it doesn't.
    >
    > It doesn't? So a movie which grosses $300 million dollars *isn't* as
    > well-liked by the public as a movie that grosses only $80 million? How do
    > you figure that one?
    >
    > Money talks. I can't think of a better measure of public opinion
    regarding
    > a product than actual sales of that product--especially when we are
    talking
    > about leisure items which no one *has* to own. No one is going to
    purchase
    > an entertainment product they don't want or like. You are starting to
    sound
    > like the Xbox fanboys who claimed that the Xbox was more popular with the
    > public despite the fact that (at the time) the PS2 had sold 20 million+
    > units and the Xbox had slightly sold less than 8 million.
    >
    > If you want to account for the difference in price, don't look at the
    > revenues but just the units sold. If, after Christmas, the PSP has sold 2
    > million units and the DS has sold 1.5 million (or vice-versa), those sales
    > figures tell us which is more popular with the public. How can you argue
    > otherwise?

    Nope, all I can say to that is there will probably be a lot of un-happy kids
    at Christmas this year, asking Santa for a PSP and finding a GBA or DS in
    their stockings, because ma or pa figured what the hecks the differance and
    opted out for the lower price.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > No, comparing the DS to a PSP is more like Ferrari to a Volkswagon.

    Have you ever driven a Ferrari? The analogy is simply fanboy nonsense.
    Maybe a c230... MAYBE
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> No, comparing the DS to a PSP is more like Ferrari to a Volkswagon.
    >
    > Have you ever driven a Ferrari? The analogy is simply fanboy nonsense.
    > Maybe a c230... MAYBE

    Have you taken your training wheels off yet?

    RnR Lesnar
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <426fdc86$0$73655$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >Playstation 2, my retarded friend.

    Have you ever stopped to notice all the PSP post in here? Have you ever
    wondered why? Do you think it might be because its Playstation related? Stop,
    think and listen and you just might learn something.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >>Playstation 2, my retarded friend.
    >
    > Have you ever stopped to notice all the PSP post in here?

    Yep. I notice a lot of DS posts as well. Porn posts a few days ago as
    well. Jesus posts too!

    > Have you ever wondered why?

    Because it's Usenet, you silly retard. :)
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <426fdc86$0$73655$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    > >
    > >Playstation 2, my retarded friend.
    >
    > Have you ever stopped to notice all the PSP post in here?

    Have any of you ever stopped to notice the crossposting?
    why not snip the headers and leave only the group you are posting from?

Console Gaming Games Video PlayStation Nintendo Video Games