GeForce2 MX question

G

I just installed a Creative Labs Annihilator GeForce2 MX card in my machine and when I play Half-Life, Elite
Force, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal Tournament and Quake3 I see white pixels flashing on my screen. I've not been able to get
them to go away. I even see the same problem when I run the Isle of Morg demo "game" they supply. Everything else seems fine and looks great except for these stupid flashing pixels in my
3d games. I'm running DirectX8, the latest drivers for the board from Creative and I'm at a loss for what to do
to solve the problem.

When I installed the board I was using DirectX7a and I still had the problem. I went to DirectX8 thinking it
might resolve the problem. It didn't. I've tried to tinker with the various settings for the board using the
Display Director but nothing helps. The actual (very thin) manual that comes with the board mentions this
very problem (they call it pixel drop) but only suggests using the default settings for the board. In my case
that hasn't helped. I've looked around web for answers and haven't found anything about it. I'm running Win98SE. Anyone here have this problem and clear it up? Thoughts, comments?
TIA, HeavyT

G

I've encountered the same problems. Running games in open gl works fine, but in some cases in D3D it´s very bad. I use the Detonator3 drives for Nvidia. My computer: abit bh6 motherboard (havent upgraded the bios..shall do that) celeron 300@450 and 128M. If you manage to fix the problem please let me know. I will of course come back if I fix it by myself!

tackechi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the ASUS V7100 GeForce2 MX, and I have the same problem, but it got much better since I upgraded to the Detonator driver 7.1?

Remember: If you go to bed with itchy butt, you'll wake up with smelly fingers.

G

With the new Detonator (7.17) beta drivers everything now works fine! Also remember to be sure that all your previous graphic card drivers are removed.

G

OK ok... Detonator 3 driver. But the latest beta version of it is 7.17. The latest official from nvidia is D3 6.31