Programs starting automatically

I am OS is XP Pro.
How can I stop programs from starting automatically?
2 answers Last reply
More about programs starting automatically

    Check your Startup Folder and remove any shortcuts in there.
    go to http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer and get AutoStart
    Viewer to control other locations that stuff could be started from.

    Odo

    "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am OS is XP Pro.
    > How can I stop programs from starting automatically?

    Hi Larry,

    Most programs have an options such as 'load on startup' or something similar. You should disable
    that within the program. If there is no such option, type at Start >> Run MSCONFIG and press enter.
    Flip to the startup tab and uncheck the programs that you do not want to load at startup.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations