Programs starting automatically

July 12, 2004 2:38:12 PM

I am OS is XP Pro.
How can I stop programs from starting automatically?
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:03:25 AM

Check your Startup Folder and remove any shortcuts in there.
go to http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer and get AutoStart
Viewer to control other locations that stuff could be started from.

Odo

"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am OS is XP Pro.
> How can I stop programs from starting automatically?
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 3:29:39 AM

Hi Larry,

Most programs have an options such as 'load on startup' or something similar. You should disable
that within the program. If there is no such option, type at Start >> Run MSCONFIG and press enter.
Flip to the startup tab and uncheck the programs that you do not want to load at startup.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations