Need Feedback On Power Supply Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
SeaSonic recently cam out with 2 new PSU's, the 1000 Platinum and the X-1250 Gold. I am torn between the two. On one side I like the idea of having a 1000 watt platinum rated power supply and on the other hand the X1250 give me more headroom and is more power than I'll probably ever need unless I go to a tri-SLI or Quad-Sli setup. I recently purchased a second Evga GTX 480 and a Kingwin Lazer 1000 gold rated psu until I saw these two units that caused me to change directions. I'm powering my rig off of a SeaSonic X750 now with just one GPU and would like to stay with SeaSonic. The Kingwin can power a LGA 1366 build I put on hold to build this current SanyBridge rig.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151105

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151109

The wife asked what I wanted for Chirstmas and since she's buying .......Which would you be all over if someone else was buying?

Solution
Im not sure if the X1250 is the same platform as the X1000 just scaled up a bit, but i do know that the X1000 had rock solid voltage regulation on all rails in its review, ripple was only average but the Vreg was superb. Honestly either of those two units are going to be very good and if money doesn't matter its a harder decision. If money does matter you can pick up the XFX version of the X1000 for $10 less than the SeaSonic one and its in stock, its got identical internals just a different logo on the outside and maybe a different fan.
Im not sure if the X1250 is the same platform as the X1000 just scaled up a bit, but i do know that the X1000 had rock solid voltage regulation on all rails in its review, ripple was only average but the Vreg was superb. Honestly either of those two units are going to be very good and if money doesn't matter its a harder decision. If money does matter you can pick up the XFX version of the X1000 for $10 less than the SeaSonic one and its in stock, its got identical internals just a different logo on the outside and maybe a different fan.

Solution
If you don't need the extra capacity then it's the Platinum-1000.

The XFX 1000W Black Edition Full Modular (Platinum) (P1-1000-BELX) may be internally identical to Seasonic's but XFX only offers a 5 Year warranty on their version. Seasonic offers a 7 Year warranty on theirs. Maybe that's where the $10 price difference comes from.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
That Platinum rated SeaSonic has been serenading me since I first saw it but a 1200+ watt, gold rated SeaSonic that's cheaper than the legendary Big Dog, "The Corsair AX1200" should have also been a no brainer. I'm still on the fence

Status
Not open for further replies.