Viewing pc on my tv / stopped working...

maria_73

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hi, we have an old pc, have connected it to our plasma TV. It worked fine, just using Fn + F4 to switch between views and making the PC view appear on the TV. However, I wasn't aware of the Fn+F4 option and when my husband was away on business for a week, I tried to connect the PC to the TV to show the kids a movie. It didn't work and I started messing around with the display settings etc. and now we cannot get it to work. Have viewed forums for an entire day to look for someone with similar problem. Can only view the desktop on the TV, but when playing a movie and dragging and dropping it on to the TV screen it only shows as black. Can however drag and drop icons. This is of course by using the "Extend my monitor..." option, not by Fn+F4 as above. This option only gives me a black screen on the TV. Appreciate any help. My husband is not too happy about the situation... thanks!

maria_73

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

thanks, I just couldn't seem to find the control panel or such to the graphic card, so in the end I decided to do a complete reset of the graphic settings on the computer. Took out the battery and pressed the start button for 30 seconds (found the tip in another forum as a solution to another issue). It worked, so my husband is happy again... :)