Sign in with
Your question

Building a PC

Last response: in Systems
September 4, 2011 11:15:05 PM
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
September 5, 2011 8:20:33 AM

When you post a proposed built list, include a brief description of what the part is with each link. Many of us (including me, usually) do not have the patience to click on every link.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 5, 2011 11:53:57 AM

jsc said:
When you post a proposed built list, include a brief description of what the part is with each link. Many of us (including me, usually) do not have the patience to click on every link.

Agreed. But ill do it anyway since i have a little time :p 

OP's proposed build is:
CM Silent Pro 850w PSU
EVGA GTX 570 GPU
Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard
Intel i5-2500k CPU
1TB Caviar Black HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Antec DF-85 Dark Fleet Full Tower Case
Optical Drive - Not listed??

---------

The overall build looks fairly good, however theres a few changes id consider:
1) The motherboard you have chosen doesn't support SLI - only crossfire
2) The PSU you have listed is overkill for a single card (650w would be fine) recommended brands include: Corsair, SeaSonic, Enermax, Antec, XFX.
3) Unless you really like the case, you dont need a full tower ATX case. A much cheaper mid-Tower ATX would be fine.
4) Samsung SpinPoint F3's are generally the HDD of choice, they are cheaper and perform as good as/better than Caviar Blacks.
5) If you didnt want to change the motherboard or PSU, id recommend changing the GPU to a 6970 which would perform on a similar level to the 570 and would allow for a second 6970 to be added in crossfire.
m
l
Related resources
September 5, 2011 10:43:00 PM

AdrianPerry said:
Agreed. But ill do it anyway since i have a little time :p 

OP's proposed build is:
CM Silent Pro 850w PSU
EVGA GTX 570 GPU
Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard
Intel i5-2500k CPU
1TB Caviar Black HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Antec DF-85 Dark Fleet Full Tower Case
Optical Drive - Not listed??

---------

The overall build looks fairly good, however theres a few changes id consider:
1) The motherboard you have chosen doesn't support SLI - only crossfire
2) The PSU you have listed is overkill for a single card (650w would be fine) recommended brands include: Corsair, SeaSonic, Enermax, Antec, XFX.
3) Unless you really like the case, you dont need a full tower ATX case. A much cheaper mid-Tower ATX would be fine.
4) Samsung SpinPoint F3's are generally the HDD of choice, they are cheaper and perform as good as/better than Caviar Blacks.
5) If you didnt want to change the motherboard or PSU, id recommend changing the GPU to a 6970 which would perform on a similar level to the 570 and would allow for a second 6970 to be added in crossfire.

I'm not going to be looking for doing SLI any ways but I've changed the motherboard to the asus p8p67 for the harddrive, they don't have any samsung's in that store; however, I thought a bit about it and I said I won't need 1TB so I changed it to 750gb instead. I really love that case so I won't be changing it. For the power supply, would Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M 80PLUS Bronze Certified 750W PSU be fine? Here is the link too http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=3... Finally for the graphics card, since I'm not looking for doing any SLI and I don't trust AMD(I've never used them) I will stick with my gtx 570. Thank you so much for the help it's greatly appreciate it. that CPU is my finally question please reply. =)
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 6, 2011 8:33:55 AM

The PSU you've listed would be fine, however if you don't plan to SLI, a GTX570 only requires a 600w PSU - so you could save yourself some money there and get a cheaper one. (Modular is recommended to help with cable management).

m
l
!