Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Desktop tower transferred to laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
December 18, 2011 5:43:52 AM

My desktop tower works but i cant connect it to a moniter i would like to transfer many programs and files if i use a usb will my desktops info pop up and i can pick and choose what i would like on my laptop or use a m stick? Howdo i pick and choose what goes in the laptop?how can i view the harddrive on the memory stick and if i use one? Thanks Tricia

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2011 9:12:12 AM

tricia1269 said:
My desktop tower works but i cant connect it to a moniter i would like to transfer many programs and files if i use a usb will my desktops info pop up and i can pick and choose what i would like on my laptop or use a m stick? Howdo i pick and choose what goes in the laptop?how can i view the harddrive on the memory stick and if i use one? Thanks Tricia

Why can't you connect tower to a monitor ?
If you have no monitor, what do you expect your desktop info to "POP UP" on ?

Once you can see what you are doing, just choose what you want and copy to the usb drive, then plug drive into laptop & copy.

Or am I completely misunderstanding your problem (it is 6 am !)
December 18, 2011 11:54:49 AM

One thing you do is removing the hard drive and get an adaptor to connect it to your laptop via USB. It will show up like a memory stick in the laptop and you will be able to transfer your file.

Such adaptor (USB to IDE or USB to SATA) are usually inexpensive.
Score
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2012 11:34:19 AM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2012 11:34:22 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score