Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4

Last response: in Components
December 4, 2011 11:18:26 PM

Mobo question. Looking at 2 mobo, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 and Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3. Will build computer for gaming with intel i7 2600K. Do I get more for my money with UD4?

Yaner

More about : gigabyte z68xp ud4

Anonymous
December 5, 2011 9:29:56 AM

the ud4 has 2 esata ports and 16 phase power and better mobo heatsinks, the ud3 has msata, besides that there is a 1 usb port difference. all gigabyte boards only have about 2 differences between them. go for the best rated product, that suites your needs. between those id spend the extra cash because the ladder looks like it can handle OCing a bit better. i have an older z68 board that i am going to replace with an asus maximus iv gene-z, i seem to be having weird problems with my gigabyte board involving usb, usb3.0 will not work, and sata problems.

as i said before go with the best rated z68 board you can and dont choose gigabyte just for brand preference, go for what really is the best. at the time i bought mine gigabyte had the highest rated z68
m
l
December 8, 2011 10:03:48 PM

Anonymous said:
the ud4 has 2 esata ports and 16 phase power and better mobo heatsinks, the ud3 has msata, besides that there is a 1 usb port difference. all gigabyte boards only have about 2 differences between them. go for the best rated product, that suites your needs. between those id spend the extra cash because the ladder looks like it can handle OCing a bit better. i have an older z68 board that i am going to replace with an asus maximus iv gene-z, i seem to be having weird problems with my gigabyte board involving usb, usb3.0 will not work, and sata problems.

as i said before go with the best rated z68 board you can and dont choose gigabyte just for brand preference, go for what really is the best. at the time i bought mine gigabyte had the highest rated z68

Decided to go with the asus p8z68-v pro 1155 atx. Will get evga GeForce GTX 570 HD superclock. I still have to make sure it will fit in a Antec df-85 Black Steel full tower. Guess it should..
m
l
December 9, 2011 12:14:47 AM

wouldn't even consider a gigabyte board, they lack newer features like uefi or pcie-3, but they are cheaper on average.
m
l
!