Waiting for the Kepler series...worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krixly

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
So I'm building a new rig with a 2500k and z68 mobo. I want the rig by the end of July, but heard of the Kepler series coming out in fall. Is it worth it to just use the integrated graphics on the 2500k and wait for Kepler either to buy a 6xx card or get a 5xx card for cheaper?

And how well would the integrated graphics run games such as LoL?

Solution
Both would be on a new process so probably very competitively.
Release dates is unset for either one though, and from the looks of it, there just might be another fermi coming.

Timop

Distinguished
Kepler going to be in a bit, fall is somewhat unrealistic.
It is going to be better though, a new process that would at least increase performance by 50% while maintaining power.

You;d be better off waiting for HD7XXX, which has a slight chance of coming out late Q3.

Unless of course one of the designs doesn't work as well in real silicon as it does in theoretic simulations, in which case they could end up being quite uncompetitive with each other and even possibly the generation that they are supposed to replace.

Timop

Distinguished

hence probably.
Though I doubt either company would release an uncompetitive cards, but instead respinning it and crippling it until it is somewhat releasable, ala GTX480.

Status
Not open for further replies.