windows explorer not showing logical disk

Recently, I partioned my large hard disk into C and
Dparitions, D being the logical partition. I can see the
partition and access it from the command prompt. However,
Windows Explorer does not show the partition under 'My
computer'. Any idea how to make the logical parition show
in Windows Explorer.

Thank you much.

regards
TarHeel-User
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer showing logical disk

    TarHeel-User wrote:
    > Recently, I partioned my large hard disk into C and
    > Dparitions, D being the logical partition. I can see the
    > partition and access it from the command prompt. However,
    > Windows Explorer does not show the partition under 'My
    > computer'. Any idea how to make the logical parition show
    > in Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Thank you much.
    >
    > regards
    > TarHeel-User

    Does computer management see the new drive? (Right click My Computer and
    select Manage/Disk Management)

    If it does and is healthy, see what drive letter is assigned to the
    partition. Download TweakUI. Install/open it and select the My Compter tab,
    then select drives, you will
    see a list of all available drive letters, make sure there is a check mark
    in the appropriate boxes to the drives on your system. Windows Explorer will
    show the drives.

    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

Configuration Windows Explorer Partition Windows XP