windows explorer not showing logical disk

July 12, 2004 5:41:16 PM

Recently, I partioned my large hard disk into C and
Dparitions, D being the logical partition. I can see the
partition and access it from the command prompt. However,
Windows Explorer does not show the partition under 'My
computer'. Any idea how to make the logical parition show
in Windows Explorer.

Thank you much.

regards
TarHeel-User
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 9:42:58 PM

TarHeel-User wrote:
> Recently, I partioned my large hard disk into C and
> Dparitions, D being the logical partition. I can see the
> partition and access it from the command prompt. However,
> Windows Explorer does not show the partition under 'My
> computer'. Any idea how to make the logical parition show
> in Windows Explorer.
>
> Thank you much.
>
> regards
> TarHeel-User

Does computer management see the new drive? (Right click My Computer and
select Manage/Disk Management)

If it does and is healthy, see what drive letter is assigned to the
partition. Download TweakUI. Install/open it and select the My Compter tab,
then select drives, you will
see a list of all available drive letters, make sure there is a check mark
in the appropriate boxes to the drives on your system. Windows Explorer will
show the drives.

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

--
Ronnie Vernon