1500 Budget for Gaming/School desktop.

warcraftschoolrig

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hello,

I am looking for a desktop computer in the 1500 dollar range that can be upgraded in the future that will run WoW Cataclysm and maybe a couple of other wow expansions before I need to upgrade again. I like the specs of cyberpower and ibuypower but am open to other suggestions. I am guessing the main item I need to consider is the video card because it has the biggest impact on FPS? Also for a warcraft/online college setup is there any real advantage of amd vs nvidia? I am looking for the quietest rig possible so if one video card beats the other in that department that may help me decide. Any help is appreciated.
I do not want to build myself.

Thanks,
Jon

warcraftschoolrig

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

My Apologies!

Approximate Purchase Date: 30 days or less.

Budget Range: 1500-1600 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Online College classes primary use, World of Warcraft gaming, I have played since 2005 and want to play the game at the highest settings, also want to future proof by purchasing a computer that is upgradable to the point it will last a few more wow expansions, 4 or more years at least.

Parts Not Required: I have a Gateway 1920x1200 HD 1080P monitor, not the greatest but no need to buy a new monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: So far I like cyberpower and ibuypower, but have heard from many they aren't the way to go. If I purchase from either company I intend to custom build, not buy off the rack.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type Want to go with Intel Core i7, not sure on AMD or Nvidia graphics card, looking for advice here, the quieter and more reliable the better.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC, I currently have a Gateway FX540B and I hate how loud it is, I will pay extra for a quiet PC, or take steps to make a loud pc quieter. Although the primary use of the computer is classes at Texas A&M using Windows Office professional 2007, I am mainly interested in purchasing the computer from a gaming standpoint because if the computer can easily run WoW at high settings, school will be a piece of cake. The main advice I want is how to make it quiet, and how to purchase video card/s and the motherboard. I really like ibuypower and cyberpowerpc pricing, if I purchase from them I will build custom direct and not purchase from newegg etc. I am not going to build on my own, and will purchase from a company. Already to far in to the semester to take on a project like that.

Thanks,
Jon