Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My Updated Compuer Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 5, 2011 3:26:25 AM

I got your feedback on my build, and I decided to upgrade some other components.

Original Build: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/320132-31-computer-bu...

Parts Being Upgraded/Downgraded:

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - NZXT Guardian 921 RB 921RB-001-RD Black SECC steel chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7Q-16GBRL

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX

Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... -
SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Reference:

Motherboard (for easier reference):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - BIOSTAR A870U3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
6 Core AM3,USB 3.0,SATA 6Gb/s,CrossfireX,16G DDR3


PSU (for easier reference):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... - OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

And if someone could give me an estimated FPS on Battlefield 2 max settings, that'd be nice!

More about : updated compuer build

Related resources
September 5, 2011 4:15:24 AM

Yes it will run fine.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 4:23:32 AM

Why do you 16gb ram? I would just get 8gb - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
(if you want to OC i want get a CL7 or 8 though)

Also i would step up to the AMD HD6950 if you want to run BF3 in max settings its also got 2gb VRAM (which i think will be useful considering the frostbite 2 engine) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If your thinking of Crossfire in the future i would bump up to larger PSU, if not i would recommend the corsair HX650 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 4:43:25 AM

eldudus said:
Why do you 16gb ram? I would just get 8gb - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
(if you want to OC i want get a CL7 or 8 though)

Also i would step up to the AMD HD6950 if you want to run BF3 in max settings its also got 2gb VRAM (which i think will be useful considering the frostbite 2 engine) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If your thinking of Crossfire in the future i would bump up to larger PSU, if not i would recommend the corsair HX650 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


I thought may as well get 16GB of RAM since its in my budget, and Im going to keep the graphics card that I'm getting, because the 950 is a bit too high in price for me. When I get Battlefield 3 for PC (probably in January or February) Ill more or less likely upgrade to an even stronger graphics card.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 5:18:38 AM

well if yoo change your mind, you can get a; PowerColor AX6870X2 2GBD5-2DHG Radeon HD 6870 x2 2GB 2 X 256bit (256bit) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($470)

this Card is 1/4 quarter less faster than an gtx590. and very cheap with that aftermarket cooler. is just my opinion.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 5:48:17 AM

Thanks.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 3:59:43 PM

Can I install 2 graphics card on this build? And if so, do I have to upgrade my PSU (for example I get what _Pez_ recommended me as a 2nd card)
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 4:45:52 PM

Switching the PSU to 700w, in case I want to upgrade it in the future.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 6:22:19 PM

MIK_1st said:
Can I install 2 graphics card on this build? And if so, do I have to upgrade my PSU (for example I get what _Pez_ recommended me as a 2nd card)

It is not recommended to run 2 cards on a motherboard with PCIe slots running at x16 and x4 like your selected board. You want a board that runs at X8 X8 in dual card mode but at a higher cost.
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 6:27:26 PM

Would have been nice if, as in the 1st build, you named the components instead of just providing links.....be less of us with carpal tunnel issues if ya give us a hand that way :) 
m
0
l
September 5, 2011 7:50:55 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
Would have been nice if, as in the 1st build, you named the components instead of just providing links.....be less of us with carpal tunnel issues if ya give us a hand that way :) 

There we go; Added the item description!
m
0
l
November 14, 2011 2:14:14 AM

I have a HD 6850 gpu and i get 40-50 fps on high. but quad core cpu.
m
0
l
!