ReadOnly

For some reason, Windows won't let me unselect the readonly checkbox. Has
anyone ever encounter this?

Mark
4 answers Last reply
More about readonly

    SouthSpawn wrote:
    > For some reason, Windows won't let me unselect the readonly checkbox. Has
    > anyone ever encounter this?
    >
    > Mark

    is it a system file? they're funny like that. :-)

    Kabal,

    How can everyfolder on my computer be a system file? How can I turn this
    feature off.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    SouthSpawn,

    I believe the article at the following link will provide a good explanation;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326549

    --
    Sir_George

    SouthSpawn wrote:
    > Kabal,
    >
    > How can everyfolder on my computer be a system file? How can I turn
    > this feature off.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    Folders being marked as read only is by design in XP and cannot be removed.
    This has no effect on the files that are contained in the folders.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://www.dts-l.org