ReadOnly

July 12, 2004 8:51:22 PM

For some reason, Windows won't let me unselect the readonly checkbox. Has
anyone ever encounter this?

Mark

More about : readonly

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 3:17:24 AM

SouthSpawn wrote:
> For some reason, Windows won't let me unselect the readonly checkbox. Has
> anyone ever encounter this?
>
> Mark

is it a system file? they're funny like that. :-)
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 12:58:35 PM

Kabal,

How can everyfolder on my computer be a system file? How can I turn this
feature off.

Thanks,
Mark
July 13, 2004 8:35:28 PM

SouthSpawn,

I believe the article at the following link will provide a good explanation;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326549

--
Sir_George

"SouthSpawn" <southspawn@aol.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, Windows won't let me unselect the readonly checkbox. Has
> anyone ever encounter this?
>
> Mark

Anonymous
July 13, 2004 9:16:29 PM

SouthSpawn wrote:
> Kabal,
>
> How can everyfolder on my computer be a system file? How can I turn
> this feature off.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Folders being marked as read only is by design in XP and cannot be removed.
This has no effect on the files that are contained in the folders.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org