Whats best case under 120?

goaliegonzalez

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
I was wondering which case I should use for my upcoming build. I really like these 3 cases, lian li pc-k62, corsair 400r, and the pc-k69wx. Please tell me which one is best and why and feel free to leave you own suggestions as long as it is not cooler master (have had bad experiances with them in the past). I was also eyeballing the nzxt appollo orange because I thought it looked cool in the pictures can anyone tell me if it is a good case and if it looks plasticy and cheap in real life.

rjkucia

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Do you have a link for the pc-k69wx? I can't seem to find it. In any case (no pun intended), this is really a personal preference, because you're the one who's going to be looking at the thing most of the time! What I usually when shopping for a case is go to my local Microcenter (or other brick-and-mortar computer store) and look at the cases in person. That way I don't get any surprises, and I save on shipping too.

goaliegonzalez

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112337

I'd definitely recommend the Antec 300. It's cheap, but more importantly, it's easy as hell to work with. They made it so you can open up the front and both sides easily - you can get at the side behind the motherboard without having to take the motherboard out (which is really useful when you're, say, trying to install an extra hard dri9ves, DVD drives, card readers, etc and need to get at both sides of a drive bay). There are all kinds of places to tuck away and tie off your extra wires. It's really easy to open up and blow the dust out. And the cooling is absolutely phenomenal.

My only complaint is that the bottom-mounted PSU sometimes makes it a stretch to reach things at the top of the case. I mean, the cables will reach, but you might end up with, for example, the extra 4-pin CPU connector pulled taut depending on where they locate it. Really a super minor issue, though, compared to how easy the case is overall.

kaweee

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I would take the Corsair 400r, seems to have to best air cooling and looks(at least to me) out of the 3 ...actually wanted to get the 400r but couldn't wait and got a Storm Scout instead :(