Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst 11.6 question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 7:28:56 PM

Hi, i haven't found any issues posted by anybody and i have to ask, does anyone had issues with this version of catalyst? I have blurry text in Firefox 5 and in crysis, where the menu is, also the lines have problems. On toms forums the lines that separate each topic are not the same thickness. I am trying to identify the problem before i start uninstalling/reinstalling anything.

And i know that ff5 has hardware acceleration, fraps never showed fps in ff until now if i remember right.

More about : catalyst question

a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 7:37:50 PM

I never even bothered updating to 11.6, due to all the problems. Every single thread that even has a mention of 11.6, there are recommendations to roll back to 11.4 or 11.5, which I'm using with absolutely no problems.

It's worth a try rolling back the drivers before trying anything else.
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 7:40:33 PM

The image is not that blurry..i don't know why it saved so small but the lines variation in thickness is visible.

I'm on a fresh OS install. That's why i installed the latest drivers.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 8:22:00 PM

Strange you should mention that. I upgraded to 11.6 about a week ago and have noticed slightly blurry text in Crysis 2. However if you leave the game for around a second it re-focuses. It's not really causing me any problems.
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 9:22:38 PM

Wasn't like this at first. Probably some conflict with another program. I will reinstall the driver and software(catalyst) again and see if the problem persists.
a c 172 U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 9:42:08 PM

11.6 works flawlessly for me, havn't encountered a single issue. I dont use firefox though, never liked it, doesnt display certain web pages properly. Blurry text can be caused by their morphological AA option. make sure you have it turned off.
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 10:00:22 PM

Thank you very much. You just saved me the trouble of reinstalling. I had that turned on.
Now Firefox is back to normal. Will check the game tomorrow.
!