BFBC2 and Radeon 6950

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hey there people.

I have being experiencing an issue with BC2 lately where my FPS suddenly drops a little (not sure how much but a lag is noticeable). Everything is maxed out and I have only noticed this issue within the past 2 days during high smoke and explosions. I will give my specs below but I am just wondering. Is this an issue that I should be worried about or is it basically normal cause I thought my card would be able to take it no problem. Also, my build is only a month old so it's kinda worrying that during a month of playing, this only seems to happen now. I would test on other games, but i only have BC2 and Homefront and face no FPS issues with Homefront.

When playing the game, my temps for my CPU don't go over 53 and for GPU it does not go over 50 so I doubt heat would be the issue.

here's my specs:

CPU: Intel i5 2500k currently at 3.30ghz (not overclocked)
CPU Cooler: ASUS Silent Knight II
GPU: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC (2GB) (currently has the 11.6 catalyst installed)
MOBO: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
PSU: Corsair TX 750w
RAM: 8GB Kingston
SCREEN: LG W2361VP 23 Inch Widescreen Full HD Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080)

All help would really be appreciated and thank you in advance :)

Is this in single player gameplay (offline)? Let's start with a distinction between 'lag' and low framerates/stuttering....

'Lag' is historically defined (layman's terms) as the amount of time it takes for a mouse input to make it to an online server, be processed, etc., and typically results in about a 1/4 sec delay in 'shooting', vice clicking the mouse to do so...; high ping times (above 120 ms) are noticeable contributors.

However, and number of processes/programs starting might cause it, tp include Win7 update, virus scan, etc...

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Why not download fraps then u can monitor your FPS to ensure that your problem is I fact a drop in frames and not lag due to high ping. I also noticed 'stuttering' when playing BC2 on my brand new PC, tdecided to get fraps-turns out the lag was due to a below average internet connection (I'm from south Africa).

So I would suggest getting fraps so that you can monitor your actual fps. Also try running some graphics benchmarks like unigine heaven or furmark and check the results.

Another issue could be an antivirus program which is resource hungry, or has a very intrusive real time scanner which may be slowing your PC down during gaming.

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
AMD cards are known for lots of microstutter even in a single gpu solution.
i upgraded from a 4870 due to this issue a while back.
it could be a driver issue or you are driving the details too high.
what settings you using ?

every thing maxed out. all settings on high, 8x AA and 16x anisotrophic (think thats how you spell it lol) i reinstalled my drivers but still it happens so had to lower my AA which sucks :(

Also, my temps were wrong for my GPU. It actually goes to 65 (rooms kinda hot and hard to cool down(. Is it okay for my temps to be at 65?

have a razer ketboard and mouse and when i join servers ping is usually betwen 80-100 so it could be a connection issue, maybe..

no virus scans were done in the past week and windows only updares manually (which i check every night) so not sure there... :(

maybe true. Kinda sucks though cause i would like to play the game in its full potential :(

i would but right now i dont have the money to buy it.. im completly broke and i dont illegally download lol. and with the free version its only 30 seconds and i need more than that :(