Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help and suggestions, $700 build.

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 5, 2011 8:23:57 AM

I had some friends help me with this build I am getting, cheap but reliable, everything will be bought from newegg. I just want to know if there is anything that is generally junk, or something with a better alternative, or that I should change. Thanks for looking! :D 

I will probably purchase in a few months or less. (Which means this could change alot)
Anything under 1000$ considered.
GAMING, and everything else.
I don't need a monitor or OS but if someone could suggest a good keyboard and mouse, I might buy it. (Backlit keys please :D )
http://www.newegg.com/ (Open to suggestions for other sites.)
I am in the USA.
XFX Card PREFFERED, lifetime warranty says it all, brands for other items don't matter much to me.
Overclocking? Probably not, good possibility.
Crossfire? MAYBE in the future, but again, thats a big maybe.
Resolution doesn't matter to me as long as it looks great :D 

Additional comment: I chose the case because it had good reviews and it looks really good. I am trying to find a GOOD case with great cooling and everything but still has really great looks, and a side window, I can't seem to find a solid case that looks good and has great cooling with good reviews and everything besides the very popular Antec Nine Hundred, but that is out of my price range.


ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Item #: N82E16827135204
$20.99


NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811146058
$49.99


NZXT Sentry-2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller
Item #: N82E16811992005
$24.99


SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152185
$59.99


ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Item #: N82E16813131767
$99.99


Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-620 620W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified ...
Item #: N82E16817371048
$79.99


G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Item #: N82E16820231314
$54.99


AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
Item #: N82E16819103808
$119.99

COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835103060
$39.96
($9.99 each)


Rosewill RFA-120-BL 120mm 4 Blue LEDs LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835200049
$7.99


COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ...
Item #: N82E16835103065
$27.99


XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Item #: N82E16814150521
$184.99


Grand Total: $721.85 including rebates.

Give me your opinions and suggestions and tell me what you think. Thank you!!! :D 

More about : suggestions 700 build

September 5, 2011 8:32:12 AM

Solid build, glad to see you got the extra fan. however for $7 you can get what I think is a better case that comes with good fans already and has free shipping..

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $70
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 5, 2011 8:42:47 AM

Thanks for looking, I just edited my post. The reason I chose the M59 is because with pretty good reviews, $50, and really good looks I can't go wrong (Nice hefty side window too). I can't seem to find a good case with great cooling and everything that also looks good. Edit: I also have free 2 day shipping for the whole order.
Related resources
September 5, 2011 8:50:53 AM

leolego said:
Thanks for looking, I just edited my post. The reason I chose the M59 is because with pretty good reviews, $50, and really good looks I can't go wrong (Nice hefty side window too). I can't seem to find a good case with great cooling and everything that also looks good. Edit: I also have free 2 day shipping for the whole order.


What did you edit on your post? And if you dont think the Antec 300 illusion looks good I can find others :D  The airflow on the antec 300 illusion is actually really good especially if u get another 120mm fan or 2 down the road
September 5, 2011 8:55:45 AM

I just edited the top stuff giving information like overclocking and what not :p .
That M59 is cool right? Its got good reviews and stuff, but it doesn't have the BEST cooling out there, if you could find a case that looks as awesome as the M59 but is a better case with better cooling and what not, in about the same price range, that would be great.
September 5, 2011 8:59:35 AM

If you like the way the NZXT M59 looks over the Antec 300 Illusion then keep the case but because you have an AMD build I would suggest getting a 140mm fan for the top of the case as well (the spare 120mm fan would be for the front)
September 5, 2011 9:02:06 AM

leolego said:


COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835103060
$39.96
($9.99 each)

Rosewill RFA-120-BL 120mm 4 Blue LEDs LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835200049
$7.99


just noticed this.. I am confused.. Are you buying like 6 fans? Your case comes with 2 and only has room for 5. See above for fan suggestions..

or is the point to just replace all the fans with ones with a blue glow?
September 5, 2011 9:07:36 AM

The rosewill is the nice blue fan for the front, the coolermaster fans I will put on all of the other slots, the M59 comes with 2 fans, some say they aren't amazing so I am just replacing them with aftermarket fans and keeping them as backups =)
September 5, 2011 9:08:56 AM

leolego said:
The rosewill is the nice blue fan for the front, the coolermaster fans I will put on all of the other slots, the M59 comes with 2 fans, some say they aren't amazing so I am just replacing them with aftermarket fans and keeping them as backups =)


I would still suggest dropping 1 of the 120mm fans you are buying and get a 140mm or even drop 2 120mm and get 2 140mm for the top. That will maximize your airflow and will cose you about $8 more
September 5, 2011 9:14:32 AM

cgleckman said:
I would still suggest dropping 1 of the 120mm fans you are buying and get a 140mm or even drop 2 120mm and get 2 140mm for the top. That will maximize your airflow and will cose you about $8 more


Okay, I overlooked that you could put 140mm fans on the top, I will add those 2 Apevias to the list and drop 2 of the Coolermasters. So do you think you can find me a case that looks as good as the M59 but better? (Same price range though)
September 5, 2011 9:17:32 AM

leolego said:
Okay, I overlooked that you could put 140mm fans on the top, I will add those 2 Apevias to the list and drop 2 of the Coolermasters. So do you think you can find me a case that looks as good as the M59 but better? (Same price range though)


Well you still never told me your opinion of the Antec 300 illusion but ill take a look. Its hard to find something in that price range with a large clear side panel(which u mentioned u like) and still make it big enough to fit everything. Let me see what I can find though

September 5, 2011 9:21:39 AM

Ya for that price you have the biggest 1 you can get that looks good. If you want to spend $30-$50 more let me know i have a few cases in mind
September 5, 2011 9:23:27 AM

cgleckman said:
Well you still never told me your opinion of the Antec 300 illusion but ill take a look. Its hard to find something in that price range with a large clear side panel(which u mentioned u like) and still make it big enough to fit everything. Let me see what I can find though


I see lots of cases out there and they appear to be somewhat good and all but they just don't look as good, the M59 has a huge side panel and a very cool, modern look, without overdoing it, the reviews are good and so if you can't find something similar I will just stick with it because I kinda like it.
September 5, 2011 9:24:33 AM

cgleckman said:
Ya for that price you have the biggest 1 you can get that looks good. If you want to spend $30-$50 more let me know i have a few cases in mind


When it comes to getting a better case, I am all for it, tell me what you have :D 
September 5, 2011 9:24:48 AM

leolego said:
I see lots of cases out there and they appear to be somewhat good and all but they just don't look as good, the M59 has a huge side panel and a very cool, modern look, without overdoing it, the reviews are good and so if you can't find something similar I will just stick with it because I kinda like it.


Dont get me wrong its a great case :D  no complaints. i would stick with it and im off for the night so if theres anything else I will get to it in the morning. Enjoy your build sir, it will serve you well :D 
!