33" Monitor Questions!

Hey guys Happy 4th!

Okay so here is my Q. I currently have a 22 inch widescreen that I run 1680x1050 resolution, with an HD5850.

I want to get a 32 inch widescreen.

My question is, I think that this will be on 1920x? resolution, and will this put more strain on my GPU?

I have every game maxed out graphics right now with my current set up.

If I do get the 32 inch, will I have to lower my settings to get good FPS and quality, or is that irrelevant?

Thanks guys!
3 answers Last reply
More about monitor questions
  1. Sounds like you will be using a small HDTV as your monitor. One piece of advice if it is a 120Hz HDTV... When using it to play games switch it to 60Hz mode or "Game Mode" since it is not a real 120Hz display. The input is 60Hz, the output will be 120Hz. The electronics basically creates and inserts interpolated frames in between every two real frames. This is done to make movies and videos have smoother playback. However, this causes input lag for games.

As for the HD 5850... You should be fine. I use it to play games on a 1920x1200 monitor. The frame rates will be lower, but it still should be fine at the high resolution.

See following review which includes benchmarks for the HD 5850:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Axle/GeForce_GTX_460_ACE_1024_MB/
  2. the reason they have most monitors up to 24-27" is because you're sitting close to it, 32" for a monitor gaming is way too big. You won't be able to see everything on screen at once, in my opinion 24" is the max I'll go. Anything higher I literally have to move my head back and forth to see everything.
    I'd also shoot for a monitor as opposed to a HDTV, I think the monitors seem to have better response time. Personally, 16:10 is a much better aspect ratio that 16:9 for gaming. I would suggest 1920x1200, not 1080p.
  3. lmulder said:
    the reason they have most monitors up to 24-27" is because you're sitting close to it, 32" for a monitor gaming is way too big. You won't be able to see everything on screen at once, in my opinion 24" is the max I'll go. Anything higher I literally have to move my head back and forth to see everything.
    I'd also shoot for a monitor as opposed to a HDTV, I think the monitors seem to have better response time. Personally, 16:10 is a much better aspect ratio that 16:9 for gaming. I would suggest 1920x1200, not 1080p.

I use a 42" thats about 2ft away from my face, and i think its perfect for seeing everything and I think its great for watching movies on as well although i wish it was 2560 x 1600 instead of 1080p. It definitely beats my triple monitor setup for ease of use and not having to turn my head from side to side to see stuff.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Resolution Monitors Graphics