Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 560 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 4, 2011 10:34:08 PM

hi guys so i have a gtx 560 ti and it seems that the fan speed only goes from 40% to 75% is there any way to change that so its maybye 40% to 100%

More about : gtx 560

July 4, 2011 10:39:11 PM

it's auto fan speed, there's no need to go above 75% if that's all it's going up to. it throttles to keep temps under control. if you're not crashing due to overheating don't worry about it.
July 4, 2011 10:43:17 PM

okay thx for the quick reply it was just because it was about 81-85 degrees on crysis 2 and i thought it might help if i increased the fan speed more and i have anthoer questin if you can awnser, i have a old gt120 from my old pc and i was thinking if i used the gt120 to physix games it would increase my fps more? (sry for miss spells)
Related resources
a c 147 U Graphics card
July 5, 2011 1:36:51 AM

PhysX:

There was a good article on using a second card for PhysX. It turned out that MOST of the time the frame rates actually dropped more than if they'd used just the main card.

Batman AA has a nice benchmark tool so if you had that game you can run the benchmark with PhysX enabled with the main card and without it.

I don't think you have to physiclly remove the card, you can uncheck it from the software from using PhysX.

*Games will vary on how efficiently they use that second card, but using FRAPS or an actual benchmark in at least three games should tell you if you're wasting your time with a second card.

Summary:
Using a second card for PhysX instead of just the main card often results in LESS PEFORMANCE, and the second card adds noise.

a c 214 U Graphics card
July 5, 2011 6:08:52 AM

You can download MSI Afterburner to set a custom fan profile.Be warned though,if you mess around with certain settings in MSI Afterburner you can cause damage to the card.Make sure you understand how to use it before you start clicking random buttons.
July 5, 2011 10:55:31 AM

thx guys for the reply's
a c 191 U Graphics card
July 5, 2011 2:18:06 PM

The GT120 is too weak. A GT240 (if you can still find one) or GT440 would be the lowest level GPU that might be worth adding for PhysX. Each has 96 CUDA cores; you want no less than that.
!