intel core i5 2500k
asus p8p67 pro
4 gb ddr3 1600 mhz corsair xms3
sapphire radeon 6850
corsair 600w smps 80 plus certified
22' lg super led hdmi monitor(ds one is awesome)
elite black 430 cabinet
the problems that i face are
1. cpu temp is arnd 60 degree c which is high.i dnt knw the reason for it
2. framerates for fifa 11 is not up to the mark at highest settings.it stutters at times when shifting from bright sunlight to shade
3. other games are running well at high settings.like civilazation 5.
4. i feel it takes time to copy large files between drives.for eg. to extract 5gb from winrar it takes around 4 mins.is it ok??or is there some problem.how will i knw if my cpuis performing perfectly???
5. in bios ram speed is showing as 1333 mhz.why???is the ram not properly utilized??
6. last question-can i run crysis at full settings in this machine???
1) 60 degree's isn't anything to worry about. Unless you mean idle temps.
With my Arctic Freezer 13 CPU cooler, i get idle temps of low 30's and load temps of mid 60's. Are you using the stock CPU cooler? Or do you have an aftermarket cooler? Is your CPU overclocked?
2) Have you downloaded the latest drivers/patches for both the Graphics card, and the game?
4) I dont have much experience with WinRAR but transfer and extracting speeds are determined by your HDD. The higher RPM your HDD has, the faster files can transfer. 7200RPM HDDs are the most popular.
5) To enable your RAM to run at 1600MHz you need to go into your BIOS and enable XMP.
6) You probably cant run Crysis at full settings with a 6850 but you could certainly use high details and just drop the AA down abit. You could use "high" settings, but probably not "enthusiast" (enthusiast being everything totally maxed out).
Some CRYSIS benchmarks here http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-6850-eah6...
firstly i use a stock cooler.havent installed a aftermarket cooler.i hv nt oc'd.when i boot i entered the bios n saw the cpu tem as 60.so i guess thats idle temp.
secondly no i haven't dwnloaded the latest drivers.will do it n then update.
thirdly,i have a 7200 hitachi hdd
fourthly where do i update this xmp???can u enlighten me a little in this
fifthly,ok but i shldnt be having problems i running most games in full settings.
Enabling XMP might create some more heat from your RAM since it will be running at a quicker speed but its designed with XMP anyway so heat shouldn't be an issue at all.
Tweaking the CPU with a stock cooler is also fine, you wont get such good results as an aftermarket cooler, but i believe with the i5-2500k you can easily go to 4-4.2GHz without the temps going too high. (Use HWMonitor and aim to keep 'Load' temps under about 70-75 degrees).
i saw the temps.this is the summary
1.the core temps are ok.arnd 38-39.but another one at the beginning.which shows CPUTIN.THIS HAS TEMP OF 60.core temps are ok as is the total package temp which is given just below the core temps.but what is this temp cputin???