IEEE 1394 Fireware card and Connecting DV camcorde

G

I installed a SIIG firewire 1394 card in my computer. The card is properly detected in the device managers without any conflicts. When i plug in my DV camcorder to the firewire port, it is also properly listed in the device manager as 1394 DV Camcorder (also with any conflicts). Everything is well up to this point. Now when I load up Ulead's Video Studio 3.0 SE DV and try to set TI IEEE 1394 as Device Control, a message box pops up and says, "Unable to open specified device. Please check if your device machine in ready." Like I said above, the firewire card and the camcorder both show up in the device manager without any conflicts listed. But for some reason, I cannot get the camcorder to connect to the Ulead Video Studio software. I also try using Adobe Premiere to load up the camcoder, I get the same type of error. Is there something wrong with my Videos for Windows Capture plugin? Is there anyway i can fix this problem?

G

I have a similar setup at home.
Please don't mis-read / understand what I'm going to ask or suggest.

Make sure that your DV Cancorder is plugged into the AC power supply (don't run off battery power) and make sure that you have the DV cam power on (VCR mode) BEFORE launching Uleads application.

Just a thought - It worked for me...

G

What is your OS?

Have you tried another Firewire port? (I assume your card provides 3). In my case, for some strange reason, not the tree ports work fine.

Can you go to "My Computer" and check the properties of you Camcorder. Can you see a preview of a movie being played on it?

------------------------------------------
Home video on a PC is a Fascinating Thing!