I have the following system:
Model Name : GA-880GA-UD3H(rev. 3.1)
BIOS Ver : ff
VGA Brand : ATi Model : 4250 - Onboard
CPU Brand : AMD Model : PenomII 1090T Hex Core Speed : 3.2
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit Ultimate SP : 1
Memory Size : 4GB Speed : 1600
Power Supply : 600 W

The problem started with the POST screen not being displayed. It would be blank until Windows started. I could not enter the CMOS at all. I have tried resetting the CMOS jumpers and also removing the battery and there was no difference. I unplugged the HD and did not get any "OS Missing" error message. This continued for a couple of days and now it won't start at all. I just have a black screen. I have tried starting from a Linux live cd and there is still won't fire up. I switched from a wireless to wired keyboard as well and still can't access the CMOS. I removed the memory and hard drive and they work on another system. The power supply was checked and show no problems. I have this connecter to the monitor with a HDMI cable and tryed also with a sub D connection and no change. The monitor works with another computer so that eliminates that as the problem.

I emailed Gigabyte and they ask me:
"Is the computer able to shut down by holding the power button? The possible cause are:

* If system is able to shut down by holding the power button, meaning that the motherboard is able to communicate with the CPU.

*If system doesn't shut down by holding the power button, meaning that it could be CPU issue.

Yes if I push the power button it will start the fans and if I hold it it will turn off the fans.

This system has been operating for over a year with no problems. It seems like Gigabyte is pushing for a CPU problem but if I can't access the BIOS it seems like the motherboard could be the problem. Is there any way to check the CPU other than putting it in a different computer? Or is there something else to try?

RiverDog

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Everything worked fine up to about 3 weeks ago. I built this system a little over a year ago, no overclocking, just basic web browsing and email. Before this the POST always showed and I could enter the BIOS screen with no problem. It seems like Gigabyte is going to try and push the CPU as the problem. I hate to spend the time to pull a working CPU out of my wife's computer just to trouble shoot this one. I suspect the Mobo as well. I'm just hoping there is something I've missed.

RiverDog

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I pulled the ram out and have it installed in another computer and it's working without a hitch. I can't hear any beeps at all.