How do I separate the 2 halves of my Toshiba a665D laptpo

ledfoot070

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
My Toshiba A665D laptop will not start. I believe the cause is a bad "power Membrane" (which I have a new one), but I can't separate the 2 halves of the case to get to old one and replace with new.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ledfoot

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
try sending back your replacement part, if you are still under warrantee, DO NOT OPEN IT UP send it to toshiba, they have fairly good customer service, and they can fix it somewhat profecionally, but you my want to save your important files on a flash drive or something just in case, also DONT OPEN IT UP!! the only part they allow you to open within the warrantee is the bottom pannel to get at the RAM (i think)

ledfoot070

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
First, The Laptop is OUT of Warrwnty.

Second, For Toshiba to diagnose the problem and return it to me un-repaired was quoted at $120.00.

Third, if they repaired it and sent it back, the minimum jumped to $338.00, but could be higher if parts were required.

I have now discovered the location of the "Power Membrane", and used contact cleaner to clean the "contact dot" (looks like a glob of solder) AND IT WORKS.

Send it Toshiba? - I DON'T THINK SO.

Thanks for your time.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
holy god dude i didnt know toshiba was that much of an asshole, you could also take it to a small repair shop, there is one an hour away from me that charges 40$ an hour no matter what the service is, im not sure about buying parts though.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
lol that crap is why i could make a good amount of money off a repair shop or somethign of that nature, people dont think of how easy this stuff is and i could charge more competitivly and be fairly well off, niot rich, but pretty good. but, thats like 5 years from now so..

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
well. thats why you learn how to sodder, then eventually when i make some money ill start an enourmouse corporate computer company empire hopefully pushing dell and hp out of the market (if hp doesnt do that to itself) lol