I've been having issues with an ASUS M5 A99x EVO motherboard I just got from a friend. It's only 6 months old or so, he never said there were any problems with it, and I trust him.
However, when I installed the motherboard at first, it wouldn't recognize that there was any boot drive installed. Here's what would happen.
- I installed the motherboard, and inserted my W7 Premium flash disk into the USB slot on the back. Posted just fine, was able to install windows 7. When I restarted, I'd have to *manually select the pendrive in the Override section of the Bios* to get it to load. When i set boot priority, the drives were recognized, but when I'd restart after saving, it would not recognize they existed. Couldn't get it to load Windows off my boot HDD without manually doing so.
Then, I jumper reset it.
- Now, the bios would flash up, then would say JM...something, No Boot device detected, then flash back to the Bios screen, and then back to the No Boot Device detected screen, then would load the Windows boot drive automatically. Why the hell does it do this every time I start up? Oh well, not like it's not working properly. It loads windows fine, and it boots up on it's own.
- Nope. I went to sleep my computer, it goes to sleep, and the Power Light on the case flashes on and off to signal that it's sleeping. I come back, and neither the power button or the reset switch to soft and hard resets. Nothing. I tap the keyboard, the number lock lights up. I tap my mouse, it lights up too, but neither have any effect. Case fan lights are off.
So, I reset the computer by unplugging the PSU (to my strong dislike of doing so), and it "Resumes Windows", and the computer is stuttering like mad. Not slow, but it was stuttering, as if under load. It said task manager was using like 10% CPU. I reset the computer, it goes back and boots normal.
I mean, I'm on this mobo right now, and it's fine it seems, but it's a lot more finnicky than this crappy HP Benicia motherboard I used to have.
I haven't tried to unplug the battery yet, and I have not updated the BIOS. I don't like doing those things, and from what I've seen, they don't seem to help often. I'd like to see if anyone else has had issues like this before.
Remove mobo battery and insert it 1 min later. See if it work. Can you check your ram with memtest?
It posts, Memtest says RAM is fine. It still however will load on boot where this happens:
- Computer powers up, fans spin at low speeds (connected to motherboard, not MOLEX)
- ASUS Motherboards screen (with delete key for BIOS)
- Flashes to Detecting Drives, none found. JMicron page.
- ASUS Motherboards screen.
- Loads windows 7 off my HDD.
Also, I've found a new problem. Crackling when I scroll on web pages in a browser. I noticed the sound a while ago when listening to music and playing League of Legends. As well, I have all the installed drivers.
I reset the CMOS with the battery, and it still does all of this.