Solved

Power button failure only shows blue light flashing dx4710-ub801A

after 3 years of good computing, now i power on the cpu and the light flashes blue til i let go with my finger. nothing. do it 20 times, it finally powers on and works fine til i leave it and it goes into sleep mode then powers itself off and i am back to pushing the power-on button 20 times. is it a power supply problem?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power button failure shows blue light flashing dx4710 ub801a
  1. Best answer
    Very likely could be motherboard though but I have had the same thing solved by replacing PSU.
  2. in your opinion, would a bad PSU continue to function properly while actively using the computer? am trying to eliminate possible causes: faulty start button, mobo, or psu. thanks.
  3. hi inaz - i am having the EXACT same problem with my dx-4710. were you able to discover the problem? THANK YOU!!
  4. nyc10014 said:
    hi inaz - i am having the EXACT same problem with my dx-4710. were you able to discover the problem? THANK YOU!!

Yes, it was the power supply, though when I explained it, they thought it was something else. Had a new PS installed since way too complicated for me to install. Was told will lengthen life of power supply if I power off computer every night instead of leaving it in Hibernation mode...
  5. Best answer selected by inaz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Til Light Power Components