Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Til
  • Light
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 5, 2011 3:48:38 PM

after 3 years of good computing, now i power on the cpu and the light flashes blue til i let go with my finger. nothing. do it 20 times, it finally powers on and works fine til i leave it and it goes into sleep mode then powers itself off and i am back to pushing the power-on button 20 times. is it a power supply problem?

More about : power button failure shows blue light flashing dx4710 ub801a

Best solution

a c 719 ) Power supply
December 5, 2011 3:55:25 PM

Very likely could be motherboard though but I have had the same thing solved by replacing PSU.
December 13, 2011 3:06:00 PM

in your opinion, would a bad PSU continue to function properly while actively using the computer? am trying to eliminate possible causes: faulty start button, mobo, or psu. thanks.
m
l
Related resources
August 31, 2012 6:19:51 PM

hi inaz - i am having the EXACT same problem with my dx-4710. were you able to discover the problem? THANK YOU!!
m
l
September 4, 2012 6:02:49 PM

nyc10014 said:
hi inaz - i am having the EXACT same problem with my dx-4710. were you able to discover the problem? THANK YOU!!

Yes, it was the power supply, though when I explained it, they thought it was something else. Had a new PS installed since way too complicated for me to install. Was told will lengthen life of power supply if I power off computer every night instead of leaving it in Hibernation mode...
m
l
September 11, 2012 3:21:19 AM

Best answer selected by inaz.
m
l
!