New build Motherboard Concerns

jbmaverick50

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I am doing a new build and have never done one before. Im not sure how to figure out if the motherboards im looking at will be big enough for the case im getting. Im getting the NZXT Phantom full tower, and all of this is from Newegg.com. The two motherboards im looking at are ASUS P8H77-V LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. And the other is ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. The Asus is cheaper and had better reviews and would like to save money if it is the right size i need. Please help me

Solution
Both of those boards will fit your case. Get the asus if it's cheaper, since both boards use the same H77 chipset. I recommend you test the board/cpu/ram out of the case before mounting it. Leave your power supply out also. It's called Breadboarding; you can do a search or just review some videos on youtube for building your own.
Both of those boards will fit your case. Get the asus if it's cheaper, since both boards use the same H77 chipset. I recommend you test the board/cpu/ram out of the case before mounting it. Leave your power supply out also. It's called Breadboarding; you can do a search or just review some videos on youtube for building your own.

Solution

jbmaverick50

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Thank you very much you have been a huge help.