Sign in with
Your question

Im confused about if my ram is compatible with my mobo. can someone cl

Last response: in Memory
September 13, 2012 1:07:29 AM

Hello, so i just bought some new ram and a new mobo. But in the features of the ram im confused on whether it will be compatible with my mobo. Here are the parts and there specs.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR32133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL ''special features''-
Quad channel memory designed for Intel LGA2011 and X79 systems Compatible with Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms Intel XMP support for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

The mobo- ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX IntelMotherboard

So i know the mobo can handle the ddr3 2133. But its those special features of the ram that are confusing the hell out of me? Help a rookie out and tell me its compatible or do i have to return and get a different ram/
a b } Memory
September 13, 2012 1:41:35 AM

You might have to update the BIOS to get it to work. The memory is Not listed in the QVL for that motherboard. There has been a BIOS update for Gskill memory, but it was for a slightly different module. The last four letters are different. I would go with known good memory from the QVL, alot to choose from.
!