Im confused about if my ram is compatible with my mobo. can someone cl

Hello, so i just bought some new ram and a new mobo. But in the features of the ram im confused on whether it will be compatible with my mobo. Here are the parts and there specs.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR32133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL ''special features''-
Quad channel memory designed for Intel LGA2011 and X79 systems Compatible with Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms Intel XMP support for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

The mobo- ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX IntelMotherboard

So i know the mobo can handle the ddr3 2133. But its those special features of the ram that are confusing the hell out of me? Help a rookie out and tell me its compatible or do i have to return and get a different ram/
2 answers Last reply
More about confused compatible mobo
  1. You might have to update the BIOS to get it to work. The memory is Not listed in the QVL for that motherboard. There has been a BIOS update for Gskill memory, but it was for a slightly different module. The last four letters are different. I would go with known good memory from the QVL, alot to choose from.
  2. this board support dual channnel http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.fr.asp?cat=Specifications&Model=Z77%20Pro4 look at the board user manual for more details
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Compatibility Intel