wampamagi

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hey guys,

I've been having an interesting issue with my new 560 TI oc2 1024 MB PNY graphics card. It was fine for ~month or two, but as of ~3 weeks my computer has been crashing after around 25 minutes of BF3 or Skyrim. No BSOD, no message, just a crash. I've swapped the card for my old gts 250 and it runs fine, no crashes, so I've narrowed to possibilities down.

I'm beginning to think it's my PSU, right now I have: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1273341&CatId=1483

Is this enough volts on the 12v rail? I think it should be fine, as the combined rails should be over 35v, and I think the 560 ti requires 30v.

Maybe the PSU is failing to some degree, so after 30 minutes it doesn't deliver stable current? I've been looking all over the internet for a fix, so I beseech the community for some support.

Additional notes: I've ran furmark over an hour and it's stable at 79C, so I don't think it's overheating (my first thought). Any help or comments would be appreciated, I'm very close to RMA'ing, and I would love to be able to avoid that downtime.

Thanks for your time and concern

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
As rolli said, this unit is going to PSU heaven to listen to old PSU champions boast of their fabulous 82% effieciency at 450w in 2007 (or 6...)

Time for you to look for a new one my buddy. A PSU that can support a 560ti with a good overclock would be in the 500-550w range built by quality maker (or seller) such as Seasonic / XFX / Corsair / Antec and a select few lines from other makers.

Look for XFX 550 / Seasonic SII 520 - 620 / Corsair CX 600 V2 - TX650 V2 and antec HCG / TP series.

wampamagi

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I hope you guys are right, and I don't have to RMA my card. It IS about 5 years old, so she might be over the hill...I might have to say a few words and let her pass on to PSU heaven.

Thanks for the considerations and suggestions guys, I'm going to check out a few models, if anyone has any excellent deals or comments feel free to chime in.

Also if anyone has any other opinions on the matter I would also appreciate it. PNY has been extremely difficult to get a hold of, so the RMA would be a pain I imagine. Would like to try all other possibilities before I go down that path.