Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build Revision.

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 5, 2011 9:59:41 PM

Hi Everyone,
I would like to know how my build stacks up and if I should change anything. Stuff I will eventually be doing: Dual whatever card is recommended, I am looking at 580s and 6970s and I have no Idea what I need to do. I will use one monitor (1920x 1080) until I have enough to get a second GPU and 2 more monitors. I'm trying to keep my initial price under 1750, in other words I am not factoring in the 2nd GPU and monitors yet. I will also be Overclocking If needed. Games I want to play on epic settings, BF3, Wow and Crysis 2. I would say CoD 4 but if I can run crysis on max and not CoD 4 for whatever reason my face might implode.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

Motherboard ASUS P8P67 DELUXE

Power Supply Corsair TX750 V2

CPU Cooling Corsair H50

Ram G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

Graphics Card ???????

Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM

Boot Drive Crucial M4 2.5" 64GB SATA III Internal SSD

Disk Drive LG CD/DVD Burner 22X DVD+R

Computer Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate. And also How do motherboards effect gaming could someone explain that to me?

More about : build revision

September 6, 2011 12:17:28 AM

Yea, That sounds like a good idea, The GPUs I was looking at as I said were the 6970 and the 580 reason being the 6990 and the 590 just came out, and There should be some price drops in the ones I am looking at when the 7xxx and the 6xx come out. I don't know if they have been announced yet tho. I really like the benchmarks on the 6970 vs the 6950 though I just don't know if it is worth it for the extra $$. Do the 6950s run well and which is the best manufacturer of the cards (I guess thats what it is, not the chipset AMD or Nvidia like the brand like Asus or Galaxy).
m
0
l
September 6, 2011 2:20:16 AM

mrwhit30ut said:
Hi Everyone,
I would like to know how my build stacks up and if I should change anything. Stuff I will eventually be doing: Dual whatever card is recommended, I am looking at 580s and 6970s and I have no Idea what I need to do. I will use one monitor (1920x 1080) until I have enough to get a second GPU and 2 more monitors. I'm trying to keep my initial price under 1750, in other words I am not factoring in the 2nd GPU and monitors yet. I will also be Overclocking If needed. Games I want to play on epic settings, BF3, Wow and Crysis 2. I would say CoD 4 but if I can run crysis on max and not CoD 4 for whatever reason my face might implode.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

Motherboard ASUS P8P67 DELUXE

Power Supply Corsair TX750 V2

CPU Cooling Corsair H50

Ram G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

Graphics Card ???????

Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM

Boot Drive Crucial M4 2.5" 64GB SATA III Internal SSD

Disk Drive LG CD/DVD Burner 22X DVD+R

Computer Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate. And also How do motherboards effect gaming could someone explain that to me?

what is your budget and what is your resolution? And you only need 750w for 2 6950's and you will have plenty of room for overclocking
m
0
l
Related resources
September 6, 2011 2:22:19 AM

antec 900 for $130...take a look at that psu.
m
0
l
September 6, 2011 3:57:33 AM

My Resolution is hopefully going to be 5760 x 1080, 3 monitors at 1920 x 1080. I will be playing wow, crysis 2 and BF3 on this eventually. my budget as I said is $1750 that does not count the 2 monitors I will by and the 2nd GPU.
m
0
l
September 6, 2011 2:20:04 PM
September 6, 2011 2:41:25 PM

I really hate the look of that case, I think I will just raise my budget to accomodate for my Level 10 gt unless the lvl 10 gt is a PoS. and I'm willing to raise my buget to get like the Asus Matrix 580. Is it worth it?
m
0
l
September 6, 2011 10:14:16 PM

mrwhit30ut said:
I really hate the look of that case, I think I will just raise my budget to accomodate for my Level 10 gt unless the lvl 10 gt is a PoS. and I'm willing to raise my buget to get like the Asus Matrix 580. Is it worth it?

no the matrix is not worth it.
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 1:19:07 AM

F it raising buget to 2 Grand, What should I change. I want to include a monitor now tho. Also will that PSU handle a second GTX 580? and I want a 1080p monitor What are thoughts on ASUS VW224U Black 22"(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)? I really liked that one and it looked like it had a thin bezel.
m
0
l

Best solution

September 7, 2011 2:11:34 AM

the psu will easily handle 2 580's. 2ms 1080p the one you listed is not full hd- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 140$
Share
September 7, 2011 4:05:41 AM

mjmjpfaff, ++ rep I am thanking you for answering all of these questions, I am investing alot of money into something, I want to make sure that something works. I am looking for a monitor with a thinner bezel though for my later SLI setup. do you have any suggestions?
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 4:07:32 AM

mrwhit30ut said:
mjmjpfaff, ++ rep I am thanking you for answering all of these questions, I am investing alot of money into something, I want to make sure that something works. I am looking for a monitor with a thinner bezel though for my later SLI setup. do you have any suggestions?

im sorry you lost me. thinner bezel? i have never heard that before.
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 4:14:58 AM

well it is 5ms. check out the monitors i just posted the last one is 2ms.
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 4:16:48 AM

Bezel, Like on the monitor when you do a 3 monitor setup you dont want a thick line in between each of you monitors so you get a thinner bezel (The plastic border around the monitor that you could probably just cut off and mod).
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 4:26:52 AM

Yea I like that gateway one. Oh and I never saw your recommended CPU cooler
m
0
l
September 7, 2011 2:25:43 PM

well post the case you think is the best looking... and maybe we can help you decide if it is quality or not
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 1:23:25 AM

So I like:
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
Thermaltake Level 10 GT
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced
Those are just some. I would really like to see other peoples recommendations. So If you know of any cool ones I am open for ideas.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:26:51 AM

I dont know p07 are the LVL 10 gts quality cases? the are sort of higher priced. What about the airflow. The Chaser MKI looks really stunning. I like the design and looks of the lian li and the silverstone but their cases that I like don't have any cable management that I could see. That's what I am really looking for, Good airflow cable management (not the cheep kind the nice kind with rubber grommets so your cables get torn up.) and enough room for 2 GTX 580s, and room for my disk drive and my 2 storage drives. I also liked the level 10 gt for the mounts for headphones like the Chaser, And they both are water cooling ready <<< another biggie.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:35:13 AM

mrwhit30ut said:
I dont know p07 are the LVL 10 gts quality cases? the are sort of higher priced. What about the airflow. The Chaser MKI looks really stunning. I like the design and looks of the lian li and the silverstone but their cases that I like don't have any cable management that I could see. That's what I am really looking for, Good airflow cable management (not the cheep kind the nice kind with rubber grommets so your cables get torn up.) and enough room for 2 GTX 580s, and room for my disk drive and my 2 storage drives. I also liked the level 10 gt for the mounts for headphones like the Chaser, And they both are water cooling ready <<< another biggie.

the silverstone RV03 has forced cable management. so the cable management is really good in other words. airflow is very good because of its unique design. the rv03 can also fit cards over a foot long.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:40:36 AM

it has room for an ssd and 2 hdd's in the back of the case. on the opposite side of the motherboard. ya i know what about cooling the hdd's? if you look closely at the pictures you can see a little bit of the fan is sticking out on the side opposite of the motherboard which gives some airflow to that side. pictures: look at it on amazon. it has many more pictures than newegg.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:48:37 AM

and with that mobo why not to go with triple 560Ti?
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:51:36 AM

madchemist83 said:
and with that mobo why not to go with triple 560Ti?

triple 560 ti is not possible it only goes to 2 way sli
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 2:57:34 AM

nice ... is there one that comes with cooler ? will be nice to cool my beer while I game
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 3:10:59 AM

Mmk so on top of all my other specs i need to be able to easily and safely carry the case from Lan to Lan. You know about the normal Lan party? yea We have after Lan parties too, were hardcore. The LVL 10 is looking like the best thing for me. anyone have any other suggestions? I think I am going to go Black LVL 10 gt because it has a nice candle and I am a HUGE fan of razer, and black and green/ or blue are their main colors and the colorshift lighting can do that. Now I want ideas for CPU cooler. I really havent found one I like. Discuss.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 3:12:17 AM

Oh and I love this forum, 1 i like to talk about computers 2 nice people, 3 great help 4 need I go on?
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 3:39:36 AM

just get Sunbeam LAN Party Bag
cause the cases with handles r usually pretty small
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 3:58:23 AM

couple problems with that, Case will get scratched and i dont need to wear my case as a backpack to get it to my car.
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 4:07:25 AM

well then I guess u'll have to handle it urself or screw couple handles on top which will mess up cases look
So just prepare to carry 20+ pounds here and there .. good workout
m
0
l
September 8, 2011 4:39:19 AM

Uhh the LVL 10 gt has a large handle across the top. btw do you know of any good cpu coolers?
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 5:15:01 AM

Revised Build with suggestions that I liked. I still am looking for recommendations on cpu coolers. I really hope to get one that will look good in the window of the LVL 10 gt. If anyone knows of any good overclocking ready ones i'd be really happy. And also is there anything that you would change to make my computer perform better or whatever.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme7
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
CPU Cooling ZALMAN 135mm CPU Cooler Blue LED
Ram G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Graphics Card MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM
Boot Drive Corsair Force Series GT 120GB
Disk Drive Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X
Monitor ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6
Computer Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT White
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 12:11:00 PM

Damn, I am going to have to do more research now.
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 12:13:02 PM

Oh and also is the Gygabyte G1 Sniper2 good? I haven't really been reading up on this stuff, but I just would like to know.
m
0
l
September 13, 2011 2:44:18 PM

mrwhit30ut said:
Revised Build with suggestions that I liked. I still am looking for recommendations on cpu coolers. I really hope to get one that will look good in the window of the LVL 10 gt. If anyone knows of any good overclocking ready ones i'd be really happy. And also is there anything that you would change to make my computer perform better or whatever.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme7
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
CPU Cooling ZALMAN 135mm CPU Cooler Blue LED
Ram G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
Graphics Card MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM
Boot Drive Corsair Force Series GT 120GB
Disk Drive Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X
Monitor ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6
Computer Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT White
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

that 850w psu is pushing it get the pc power and cooling 950w psu silver rated for 150$ at newegg- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... .
here is a simple good looking cpu cooler with very good performance that cab take you to 5.0ghz- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 50$

m
0
l
September 13, 2011 2:50:43 PM

I have a perfect case for LAN party, hands down best case for the price. Did u already got ur case?
m
0
l
October 22, 2011 4:16:11 AM

Best answer selected by Proximon.
m
0
l
!